The worst films you watched

by greendawn 56 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

In the last few months...

Alexander -- utter pretentious cinematic crap from a once fine director whose brain has turned to mush due to his drug abuse. Makes you long to see "Showgirls" again or perhaps "Cocktail."

The Last Samurai -- Should have been called "Dances with Samurai." They took Dances with Wolves and replaced the indians with sword-welding sumarai and followed every plot point exactly.

The Butterfly Effect - Watching Ashton K. try to act is worse than sitting through another book study of the Revelation Climax book.

March of the Penguins -- Don't believe the hype. You'd barely watch this for free on Discovery Channel. Want to see an amazing documentary on nature? Watch "Deep Blue" instead.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Elizabeth Shue's boobies didn't save Leaving Las Vegas for me, though they came very very close. I don't understand at all why that movie got all the acclaim it did.

The recent movie Glory Road was really bad too.

Man, I saw Braveheart for the first time last weekend. Two thumbs down. WAY down.

Every Quentin Tarantino flick. I'm still annoyed with myself for having wasted, and I mean WASTED $2.50 to rent KBv1. Absolutely the worst movie I've ever seen. I couldn't agree more with the critic who described it as being "embarassingly masturbatory".

Baseketball - Even Trey and Matt can lay an egg.

Wicker Park - first 20 minutes had me in real physical pain, it was so bad. I turned it off after that.

The Island - Scarlet Johannsens boobies might have saved it, but unfortunately that didn't happen

For the most part, I check reviews before I go see movies, so I'm spared from mindlessly choosing when I'm at the video store or theater. So when I hear people talking about some movie that they saw that was so bad and I know that it's one that got almost universally panned by the critics, I almost feel like saying, uh, yeah, two minutes of internet research would've saved you the time and money you wasted there. The above movies I mentioned that did receive acclaim are the exceptions, usually I agree with the critics.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Couple of years back, Jack Nicholson, Diane Keaton, Keanu Reeves (as a surgeon!!) We went with another couple. I have blocked out the title with brain scar tissue. I took a long bathroom break and checked out the video games in the lobby.

• luna2
    luna2

I managed to avoid Alexander...just the previews with whatshisface, Colin something, in a ugly blonde wig and Angelina Jolie as his mother??? were so bad that I couldn't wait for them to be over.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Dan the Man, we could be boob brothers!

Yes, I used to go see anything with Elizabeth Shue in it. My first movie star crush was Sophia Loren. Now, it's Scarlett J. Check out "Match Point", good movie.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I saw this movie once that was really bad. It was like a sex thing and the guys were holding the women by the hair and the women were making all sorts of sounds and groaning but their mouths weren't moving.

It seems like a lot of the scenes were repeated more than once too.

I just can't remember the name.

Rub a Dub

• lola28
    lola28

I think the movie was called D.E.B.S total crap but I could not look away, it was like seeing a car crash, you know you should not look but you can't help it, and my fave Attack of the killer tomatoes, I could watch that over and over and over it is CRAP but I still think it's funny.

lola

• Dimples
    Dimples
    The worst film I've seen for some time was BIRTH with Nicole Kidman

I am with you on this one, Clam.

Dimples

• KW13
    KW13

I didn't enjoy Open-Water, a film that was hyped to be VERY scary. The description said "Blair Witch meets Jaws"...i could of made a scarier film in my kitchen sink.

The best film however had to me "Naughty College Girls II"

• lucifer
    lucifer

Gregor it's Someone like You I'm pretty sure but I LOVE that movie lol

lets see Glitter with mariah carey, what a long boring movie with someone who can't act for beans

and Brokeback Mountain sucked, but I will credit the movie some goodness ...It did have Jake and Heath in it*drools*

and American Physco, I watched this on a date with my first BF, he figured "oh I'll get a scary movie and she will grab onto me because she's scared....so didn't happen lol the movie sucked I laughed the whole time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit