The worst films you watched

by greendawn 56 Replies latest jw friends

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

"It's Alive".... 1974 cult horror film......Plot: The Davies expecting a baby which turns out to be a monster with the nasty habit to kill when it's scared.And it's easily scared... It starts out with the mother-to-be giving birth in a delivery room. All HELL breaks loose when the newborn with huge, sharp teeth kills the entire medical team. It just gets worse from there when the loving child crawls into the sewer.. Worse film of all time! The acting is just as bad. The film is banned in Finland and Norway.

• Swan
    Swan
    One film I found very boring was the "horse whisperer".

Ditto. I also hated A River Runs Through It and the Bridges of Madison County.

Other bad ones are almost anything Tom Cruise has done lately, such as, Vanilla Sky, The Minority Report, Mission Impossible(s), etc.

I also didn't like Sin City. Although well made and it supposedly followed the illustrated novels closely, it just wasn't for me. I couldn't identify with or have any sympathy for any of the characters.

Although I really like Nicole Kidman, the Stepford Wives and Birth were both bad.

I didn't like Hide and Seek or Secret Window as I feel the "Oh gee, my other personality is the killer" theme has been so over done.

Darkness and The Ring were horror films that just really made no sense at all. I mean, if you were a mean ghost, would you bother to wait seven days to kill your victims. Isn't the television/VCR a needlessly complicated way to curse your victim in the first place? And if you were the victim, why didn't you just get rid of your TV?

Also in comic book movies, The Hulk, Chronicles of Riddick, Van Helsing, Elektra, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Catwoman (Jail cells that have open windows with bars and and no safety glass?) Their worst offense is so much CGI that what could really cool looks cartoonish (in a bad way) instead. Let's put so much Special Effects into the film that the audience won't notice there isn't any good writing. Okay, maybe the dialog is their worst offense, it is hard to decide.

That ought to do for now. There are so many recent stinkers that Hollywood has unleashed on us lately that there's no need to go back very far, like when we went to the theater to see Marjoe Gornter and Ida Lupino in Food of the Gods.

Tammy

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.........ridiculous and stupid (but, notice I HAD to watch it)

Austin Powers (anything) .............barfology

Out of Africa.............totally boring...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• lilybird
    lilybird

I thought "Thomas Crown Affair" with Pierce Brosnan a total waste of time and bad acting.. I normally like Pierce Brosnan.. but not in this movie

• osmosis
    osmosis

Dune.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Worst that I have seen recently in no particular order:

1. Stepford Wives, Remake

2. Dukes of Hazzard (Jessica's body didnt save this one)

3. Spanglish (really what the hell was the freaking point of this movie)

4. Open Water

5. Serenity (I think its based on a short-lived series named Firefly)

• luna2
    luna2
    Austin Powers (anything) .............barfology

I agree, Frannie. I have friends who adore the AP movies. I couldn't even stand the previews and ads for them, never wanted to pay to see them in the theater. Later, I tried renting one and forcing myself to watch it just to be able to say I gave it a chance. Nope, it sucked...had to turn it off.

lilybird! I loved The Thomas Crowne Affair! I thought it was sophisticated and clever. Just goes to show, there's an audience for just about anything, huh?

• Frog
    Frog

"you've got mail"...can't stand that film...Meg Ryan was even more shite than usual...x

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Swan: I LOVED the Bridges of Madison County. One of the best of all time.

My hated movie of all time:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new one) . First movie I actually walked out of and asked for my money back since the JW days. Absolutely horrible.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

"Bad Girls", about four women in 1880's Colorado, who run a way from town after killing a man who is beating up on one of them. Good actresses (Madeline Stowe, Andie MacDowell, Drew Barrymore, and Mary Stuart Masterson), terrible movie. Another clunker was "Coyote Ugly".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit