Question for the guys on JWD!

by Poodles 43 Replies latest social relationships

• Poodles
    Poodles

Here goes!

Good morning guys, i'm a women in love with a JW who does not feel the same way about me! We have been in this relationship for the past seven years! I will try to make this short and to the point so as not to bore you ok!

He hides our relationship and me from his friends, family and neighbors! He is controlling, selfish and rarely tells the truth! I am almost 60 and he is 55! He was divorced approx. eight years ago and has three adult daughters! We broke up approx. 1 1/2 years ago and made up two weeks later! My problem is i want to end our relationship but lack the emotional strength to do it, i even went to a priest for counseling to help me end it but that didn't work either!

One day i made a list of things i didn't like about him and things i did, the pros were about five and the cons were about 20 and i gave it to him, it seem to really get to him but not enought!! Please let me know what you think good or bad, i can take it, really i can!!

Thanks

Paula

• daystar
    daystar

Perhaps you must do something drastic. Take any photos of him you have, any gifts, anything that is specifically tied to him and gather them together... and burn every last one of them to ashes.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Uh... (no offense) are you stupid?

Listen to what YOU wrote... he's a f*cken LOSER.

Move on FAST...your life's a wasting.

I honestly think you should get a little therapy on self-esteem and value.

***dare I say it*** I'd even recommend that Dr. Laura book on "10 Stupid Things Women Do To Ruin Their Lives", and I don't even care for her all that much.

I mean this in the NICEST way...do yourself a few favors.

u/d(of the hates to see good women with assholes class)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    My problem is i want to end our relationship but lack the emotional strength to do it, i even went to a priest for counseling to help me end it but that didn't work either!

You can always force him to break it off with you. Just go and introduce yourself to his family, friends, and congregation. They'll make life hell for him.

W

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Women can answer that question too! If someone had to hide me from friends and family for that long, I would definately find the strenght and courage to leave, and find someone who doesnt have to keep me in the closet!!!!!!!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

This seems to have nothing to do with the Dub you pine after. This is your problem.

Being afraid of being alone is a poor excuse to stay with such a loser. How much pain are you willing to continue to put up with?

I'm sorry but people who make these kinds of choices and say they lack the strength to leave just pisses me off. Last year I had to watch as a friend stayed with a man who infected her w/ an STD, stole from her, and beat her on several occasions, the last almost fatally... she lied to us, her friends because she 'loved' him and wasn't strong enough to quit such a powerful love.

I call BULLS**T! on such a statement. We are all of us stronger than we think. We just need to overcome fear's inertia...

I say dump the Dub and find a nice guy who will introduce you to his family and maybe, if you're lucky they will love you just as much as he loves you.

• poppers
    poppers

"He hides our relationship and me from his friends, family and neighbors! He is controlling, selfish and rarely tells the truth!"

Really now, hard could it be to break away from someone like this? Just leave and don't look back. And please, examine your own beliefs about who you think you are.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Oh Paula ..that's such a tough one... you know the guys no good for you but your heart wants him. If he doesn't truly love you he's just not worth the hurt and trouble. Two way love is a wonderful thing - the best, but anything else usually spells disaster.

best of luck, unclebruce

• Robdar
    Robdar

I agree with everything that Cyd said except for this:

I say dump the Dub and find a nice guy who will introduce you to his family and maybe, if you're lucky they will love you just as much as he loves you.

This woman doesn't know what love is. Before finding somebody else, she needs to spend time alone to find out who she really is and what she really wants. Currently she sounds like she is just as much a loser as the Dub she says she wants to dump.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    This woman doesn't know what love is. Before finding somebody else, she needs to spend time alone to find out who she really is and what she really wants.

Excellent!

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit