Thee absolute Vicious, Hateful, Malicious comment......

by whyamihere 52 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Yesterday, I was having a horrible day....(some of you may know)

Well I was given the 2 hour long conversation on "How I am a Evil Unacceptable person". As in my last thread, I stated that my Sister went threw my house and found pictures of my children in their Halloween costumes. I didn't deny the fact I did that. Not that I could, but I got to my point were I just came out in the open and honestly said I celebrated Halloween with my children.

Well my sister went off on how Halloween deals with spirits and Satan. Then knowing she is getting married I explained to her that all wedding ritual involved pagan and spirituality. using the examples of the rings and veil etc... Then she had the audacity to tell me not to get all technical. WTF???? So I can't be right and tell her she is in the wrong with the planning of her wedding and how Halloween is no different with the details of spirits? I am going crazy....

Well it went on and on. I bluntly told her I don't believe in the Faithful and discrete slave. I also said everyone on Brooklyn is corrupt. I just didn't care I let it all out. I am not going to hide anymore.

Then she said I was a Horrible Mother. My heart sank. That has never been said to me ever. Everything I do in my life since the moment my daughter was born was for my children. I try to be the best Mom I can be. I was never shown on how to be a Mom. I don't know what I am doing half the time. However, my kids are well behaved, smart, funny and always laughing. To me it seems like I was doing a good job(so I thought). Sure, I always question myself on what I am doing. When I was called a bad mother it really hit me hard. The was just the worst thing anyone has ever said to me, and it came from my very own sister and Mother.

I just hope my children know that I am doing the best I can. Sorry I needed to vent.

Brooke

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Well I know I probably would have had a happier childhood if you were my mom.

Don't worry about your sister. She's probably just jealous over the fact that your kids are happier and more well adjusted than hers ever would/could be.

We all know you're a good mommy.

luv, jojo

• daystar
    daystar

You can tell I'm mad because of that little angry smiley face above.

I can tell you one thing that says to me that you are a great mom; that you question yourself. The shitty ones think they're doing the right thing regardless.

I'm very sorry your mom and sister have said such things. If anyone in my family dared say something like that to me (which I don't think they would), they would never hear from me or see me or my son again... or at least until they begged, begged, begged for forgiveness.

• Scully
    Scully

Brooke

You do not have to tolerate being verbally abused or judged. BY ANYONE.

Your sister was WRONG to judge you on anything. How dare she call you a bad mother?? OMG I would have turfed her out on her arse so fast, it would have made her head spin.

You're a strong person for having put up with that abuse for 2 hours. But please, do yourself and your children a favor and don't ever allow anyone to treat you that way again.

I want you to practice saying this over and over and over: "I love you very much, Sis and Mom. But you do not have the right to judge me, nor do you have the right to verbally abuse me, especially when you are guests in my own home. It's time for you to stop, or else I'll have to ask you to leave."

If they ever start being critical and judgemental again, say it to them. Then show them the door.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Then she said I was a Horrible Mother. My heart sank.

This coming from a woman who if she had children would let them bleed to death rather than upset her invisible uncaring God.

Brook why are you worried what a woman like that thinks?

• undercover
    undercover

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is a cult.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope it works out for you.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    When I was called a bad mother it really hit me hard.

I don't think it's possible to say something more hurtful to a mother. It seems to me they were more intent on hurting than "helping" you. But that's what JWs do best. They can't argue a point without resorting to name calling.

Personally I think you're probably a very good mom. Protecting your kids from an abusive cult is one evidence of that. Also, you're letting your children be children, instead of forcing kids to be miniature adults as the JWs do.

W

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((Brooke))))))))))

You are a beautiful, intelligent, compassionate woman; wonderful wife and a doting mother. Not that it's right, but your sister is speaking out of fear - fear that the WTS has instilled in her. She is scared of where you are going in your life - an independent direction. I know it's no solace, but I'd be proud to have you as my sister and I'd be even prouder to have you as my mother. (Even though I'm older than you! Haha!)

Love,
    Andi

• damselfly
    damselfly

((((((Brooke))))))

I try to be the best Mom I can be. I was never shown on how to be a Mom. I don't know what I am doing half the time. However, my kids are well behaved, smart, funny and always laughing

That told me everything I needed to know you're a good mom.

Your sister and mother are speaking out in fear and anger, I know it's not easy to deal with Scully had great advice.

Dams

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Let's look at the argument a little closer. She called you on celebrating Halloween after searching your house!

You rebutted with the similarity of wedding traditions

Naturally she can't response to this logically. So she offers the red herring bringing up your mothering skills.

According to JW not raising your child to be a loyal JW is a death sentence. We know it's crap but they actually believe it. And this is the sole basis for her judging you.

It's a red herring designed to distract you from the issue of Halloween and wedding traditions. She had no response because there is no response. So she chose to hit below the belt providing NO evidence.

She offered no "proof" so therefore her opinion/judgement is worth the same - nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit