Thee absolute Vicious, Hateful, Malicious comment......

by whyamihere 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

It's probably already been said, but I don't have time to read all the comments right now but, thats all she had, that was her best shot, the only thing she could come up with was a lame ass, "you're a bad mother." The comment hurts but just try and remember that you are dealing with someone that couldn't think of a better come back line.

• Mary
    Mary

Well my sister went off on how Halloween deals with spirits and Satan. Then knowing she is getting married I explained to her that all wedding ritual involved pagan and spirituality. using the examples of the rings and veil etc... Then she had the audacity to tell me not to get all technical. WTF????

That's the Witness way of dealing with things when they have no answer to them. She had absolutely no recourse because technically (no pun intended), if she's practicing pagan rituals, then my god, that makes her as evil as you!!

Then she said I was a Horrible Mother. My heart sank. That has never been said to me ever.

Brooke, she most likely said this because to her way of thinking, you're "killing" your children by allowing them to celebrate Hallowe'en and Birthdays, etc. As a Witness, she thinks that you are sealing your and your children's fate at the Big A when Jehovah strikes you dead for allowing your children to have some fun. Plus, she was probably furious when you told her about her wedding rituals being pagan and she was trying to get back at you any way she could so she tried the "you-are-a-bad-mother" routine bullshit on you. I know it's easier said that done, but don't pay any attention to her. And if it's any consolation, I guarantee you that when she's saying her wedding vows, she'll be a-thinkin' about them being "pagan".

• luna2
    luna2

Of course you aren't a bad mother! Your sister behaved like a vicious child who instinctively knew what would hurt you the most and bludgeoned you over the head with it. I'm sure you know better than to ever believe her. Family members, even when they are spouting lies, have the power to hurt us incredibly.

(((Brooke)))

• Es
    Es

Oh hun, your a wonderful mother, just by the photos i have seen of you and your family, they are always happy and you look like you have a ball together.

You are a wonderful person and mother

es

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Brooke)))

Horrible mother??????

How does she know anyway - she's your sister, not your daughter!!

It's what your kids think of you that matters, and it doesn't sound as if they agree with your sis.

Like the others have said, it was a cheap shot and if that's the best she could come up with, she is truly to be pitied. You're far better than that.

• Mary
    Mary

I just read this part:

Although I stepped in a few times. As my nephew was sick(ear infection) she was beating him because he was crying. I grabbed her hand and tossed her to the side and picked up that baby and comforted him. That is the only time I stepped in.

So let me get this straight: she beats her child because he's crying because he has an ear infection and she thinks she's a great mother, but you're a "terrible mother" because you let your child celebrate Hallowe'en and birthdays.........ya.....makes perfect sense........If you're a drone in this cult.......what a beeeotch!!

• Scully
    Scully

Mary writes:

Brooke, she most likely said this because to her way of thinking, you're "killing" your children by allowing them to celebrate Hallowe'en and Birthdays, etc. As a Witness, she thinks that you are sealing your and your children's fate at the Big A when Jehovah strikes you dead for allowing your children to have some fun.

This is soooo true. I know I've mentioned this many times before, but it's so typical of JWs to use that kind of BS emotional blackmail on you when you start living a normal life again.

It's been almost 10 years since I got an earful of JW Love™, but I remember it like it was yesterday. My then best friend, a JW, when I'd confided in her that I felt like I needed a "vacation" from The Truth™, told me point blank: "If you are going to turn your back on The Truth™, you may as well take your three beautiful children out in the back yard and blow their heads off with a gun. That way they won't go down with you at Armageddon™ and will have a Resurrection™ in the Paradise™." This was in a crowded restaurant, and she was practically screaming it at me while other people in the restaurant were watching with horrified looks on their faces. I got up from the table, and walked out on her. I never spoke to her again.

• Soapydish
    Soapydish

Those kinda people are a big thorn on your back. They think they're not judging you, but they do it all the time. Kinda hard to even talk to them, even though you love them.

• loosie
    loosie

Brooke,

I am sorry that you had to have this happen.

They had no right to say that. They are wrong. you might want to consider limiting your contact with them for you own sanity and until they can behave better.

You are a better mom than you mom by the mere fact that you aren't an alcoholic mother. If you did nothing else as a mom but not be an alcoholic you've got her beat hands down.

The best people to ask how good of a mom you are is your kids. Of course don't ask them right after you said no to the 2nd candy bar they ask you for....lol

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

((((((Brooke)))))))

Just for the record, I think that every good mother wonders if they are a good mother or not.... So if your kids are happy and healthy and laughing and smiling, you're a good mother!!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!

You give your kids unconditional love, something that no 'faithful' JW can say. Um, sorry, but loving a child with conditions attached qualifies as pretty bad parenting in my book.

Now go give those cuties a hug!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit