My website is back up!

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere, Acrobat is installed.

Oh no.... Try to uninstall and then reinstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't worry about the problem with not being able to copy and paste from the Branch Organization Manual. Someone is working on fixing that.
    Yup! It looks like the appropriate people saw the post and the problem has been fixed. Everyone: Please re-download the Branch Organization Manual and use the new version. The new one will allow you to copy and paste and other things like that. The original from the WTS was locked in a manner that prevented you from being able to do those things.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Are you sure your site is really back up? I get nothing....

• wednesday
    wednesday

Elsewhere, can you tell me briefly what that branch manual thing was about? I tried to download it , but my computer puts it in pdf format,and I can't read a thing, it is such small print. I also don't see anyway to download it actually.

weds

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well done Elsewhere, I am so happy for you.

Keep up the good work!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Thanks! I just downloaded the manual.

Here's a general Acrobat reader question though, if you can help me out with this. For some reason my acrobat reader has a habit of substituting some of my documents' fonts with greek characters. I have not been able to figure out how to fix this.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere, can you tell me briefly what that branch manual thing was about? I tried to download it , but my computer puts it in pdf format,and I can't read a thing, it is such small print. I also don't see anyway to download it actually.

Open the document again and at the top you will notice a number with a % sign. Odds are this number is less that 100%. Just change that to 100% or greater, such as 120%. Once you do that you will be able to read it.

For some reason Adobe Acrobat Reader opens documents like that sometimes.

What does it contain? It details how the Watchtower Society runs their branch operations around the world, who writes their anonymous publications, how they control and transfer finances between countries, deal with dissent in the organization, and many other revealing topics such as how they hide information in order to avoid liability.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Here's a general Acrobat reader question though, if you can help me out with this. For some reason my acrobat reader has a habit of substituting some of my documents' fonts with greek characters. I have not been able to figure out how to fix this.

I've seen that before from time to time with many different documents and on different computers. I have no idea why it does that.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I just took a glance at this missive "Code of Canon Law." Heaven forbid that I should read it all. But, if someone has can they tell me what page to go to to find how they hide information in order to avoid liability? I'm interested in that one. THANKS.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thanks, David. It should be a very good read...

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit