Dr Who

by mrsjones5 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I flipped to it last night, and I think they've got it all wrong - I mean, what is Dr. Who without the cardboard robots and $1.98 special effects?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as I watched the new one for a little while. I can even remember watching an old B&W episode as a kid that scaried the heck out of me (believe it or not). It was some episode where all these British soldiers were turning into werewolves. Werewolves with British accents....now I'm not sure if that's scary or funny? I bet the other werewolves made fun of them.

• VM44
  • Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Are there any other Dr Who fans in the house?""

Here's one. I'm a little behind on this thread but I have now seen the first three episodes. I'm not sure about it though. Of course I'm comparing it to earlier series and that may be a bit unfair.

For the record, I think that Tom Baker was the best actor to portray Dr. Who. I think the new series has some of the same kind of humor in it.

Looking forward to more.

• VM44
    VM44

The BBC is making a spinoff series from Dr Who called Torchwood. It should be coming out soon, at least in the UK. Torchwood is an organization that investigates strange things that might have to due with aliens on earth.

Guess what Torchwood is an anagram of?

--VM44

PS. In the first season of the new 2005 Dr Who the words "Bad Wolf" are mentioned, or appear, in each episode. Has anyone noticed this?

• willy_think
    willy_think

being an old Dr. who fan I like to see it back. I am a little unsure as to why thay changed the story line. The Dr. being the last surviving time lord is a bit risky to my thinking. hopefully it is well plnned out.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.badwolf.org.uk/

spoilers.............

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Great - hardly can't wait till he is here too.

• aniron
    aniron

Have a Dr.Who fan since I saw the first episode November 23rd 1963

As you can guess by my avatar.

Love the new episodes.

• willy_think
    willy_think

What do you long time fans think about the War that destroyed all the other timelords? will it be a central plot theme? can it/will it be undone? my self i'm not too happy about it i loved to see the Dr. interact with other timelords.

• aniron
    aniron

Ineresting point, Willy.

That same war also destroyed all the Daleks, but they managed to appear in an episode.

As the Doctor travels through time, dimensions and space, who says he won't run into the Timelords.

Maybe we will get to find out what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit