Fluff Category 3 - When would you have preferred to have been born?

by Clam 27 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I still stick to my wanting to be an Indian and yes, before the white man came.

Also I'd love to have lived in one of the great houses in Ireland (rich of course)

or lived earlier in Ireland and been taken by a handsome Viking and had a huge happy farm family.

I guess my fantasy is just about any life that puts me smack dab in the middle of some great big beautiful piece of land on this beautiful earth with a wide open sky above me and a brave handsome husband and happy children all about me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was born in the early sixties and that is a reasonably good time avoided two world wars and lived in peaceful times in this part of the world. The world is more democratic and enlightened and we are witnessing good scientific progress. And the EU makes travelling around in Europe very simple.

• Dimples
    Dimples

I am with you on this one Josie..I was born in 1966.

Dimples

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Originally "fluff posts" were ones which didn't ramble for at least an A4 page and include a pile of bible and watchtower quotes - true

I'd prefer to be born in several thousand years time when planet earth is in full recovery after the (almost) extinction of humankind.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I would like to be born in about 25 years from now. I'd like to see the next century. I want to know if we ever make it to Mars, solve diseases, feed the hungry, generally "get it right".....

or if we just continue to destroy this earth, enslave children, the JWs are still brainwashing people, the radical religions (whatever group) take over the earth, etc.

Skeeter1

• bem
    bem
    Yes all of this: So what might have helped expand the thread would be to ask where in history you would have placed yourself as long as you were allowed to take a washing machine, flushable toilet, microwave etc, LOL. I do appreciate the point first made by Blondie, that only here and now there is a semblance of freedom for women. I asked my mother several years ago the thread title question and she said she’d like to be in Victorian England but only as a filthy rich aristocrat and minus a husband.

I was born in 1960 so I like where I am except I would like the castle and knights times except with out the drafts, and the modern things now have me spoiled, But still the castles and manors in England are cool to visit so a bit of imagining living in those hey day times is fun.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I was born in mid 50's , and wish I could be born also about 25 years from now. I think in the next 25 years we will have a cure for many forms of cancer, and many chronic diseases. My life(and other family members lives) has been engulfed by several chronic illness and I am looking forward to the day they see a cure or control. I may not actually get to see it, but I think diabetes, MS, arthritis, depression, etc will see signifanct progress in 25 yrs .As others have said, I would never wannt to go back, women had few rights, and disease and childbirh took so many women/children early in their life. The tales of the west and other periods of history are romantic, but ":little house on the pararie" must have been a very hard life.

weds

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I was born in `58 as well, I would have liked to been born 10 years later (68), and grown more during the 70`s-80`s! I loved the 70`s & the 80`s!! Definitely feel I was 10 years to soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit