"Deliverance at Hand" District Convention Invitation

by Elsewhere 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

truthsetsonefree has provided Spiritual Food at the Proper Time by emailing me these scans...

This is the little hand-bill invitation for the next District Convention that we've been hearing about.

Considering the fact that most JWs never actually read such things before handing them out, I suspect that many people will be given these things but never actually told when and where the convention will be held! On the back it says: "The local congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses invites you to attend the convention that will be held at the time and location shown here."

I've got $20 that says quite a few JWs will fail to write in the convention date and location! I wonder how many people will pull this off their door and wonder, "ok, so when and where is this thing?"

• beezknees
    beezknees

WOW same old thing....different year

• LDH
    LDH

Just LOOK at the majestic stag on the mountain side. Does it not make your heart leap, brothers?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm just surprised by how they depict the men being dresses so casual in the picture. I mean just shirts and nice sweaters.

Wouldn't a tie and jacket be more appropriate in the garden ?

Rub a Dub

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Just LOOK at the majestic stag on the mountain side. Does it not make your heart leap, brothers?

No, it makes me wanna puke.

Elsewhere, you must be psychic (or I am). I had a dream about this thing last night, except it looked like a cheap xerox copy.

• luna2
    luna2

That mountain lion, or whatever it is, that's being petted while its trying to drink, looks awfully BIG. ...and, is that a Kingdom Hall being built in the distance? Doesn't look like a house. Maybe everybody is gonna be required to live in communal dormitories in the glorious paradise earf.

I love the woman out in the field in her skirt and apron. In fact, do they ever show women wearing pants in these dumbass illustrations?

• carla
    carla

Even before I studied cults and jw's I would have looked at this as some sort of cultish information. The offering of some sort of 'deliverance' from what ails the world. I think the images in the literature is cheezy or juvenile looking enough to turn people off without even reading the info. More for the landfills and recycle bins.

• City Fan
    City Fan

And there appears to be a polar bear grazing in the field at the back. Has the Watchtower artist been watching 'Lost'?

• sir82
    sir82
    I've got $20 that says quite a few JWs will fail to write in the convention date and location!

Ho ho! You underestimate the ability of the Society to micro-manage!

There is a BOE letter from last month, epxressly directing the elders to inform the publishers that nothing is to be handwritten on these invititations. It would "detract from the dignity of the message" or some such nonsense.

Elders are to prepare either pre-printed labels with the convention dates and address, or have them printed on the invitations themselves.

You'll really love this: OfficeMax has a corporate discount program with the Society, and they have decided, per another BOE letter, to extend this discount to the congregations as well. The BOE letter itself is primarily a compendium of OfficeMax prices for labels, with details on size, quantity, and price (bigger discounts if you order more!)

I'll see if I can get a scan of the letters.

What's that common refrain - "follow the money"?

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

LDH, you're killing me over here. That made me breathe some trail mix down my windpipe. Note to self, do not eat or drink while reading posts on JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit