Letter to Ritchie's Mom

by jgnat 48 Replies latest social family

• jgnat
    jgnat

A young man is on the verge of saying goodbye to his mother. He's forced in to this position due by a rigid organization that punishes strength, intelligence, and individuality. I dedicate this thread to all good thoughts about Richie Rich. Let his mom know how you feel.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/105519/1.ashx

I'll start:

Ritchie, you are so adorable I could pinch your cheeks. Your maturity, balance, and intelligence means you will be going places, young man, and doing many wonderful things to improve our old world. Any mother would be proud to call you her own. Tell your mom from me that she did a wonderful job raising you, and she has nothing to be ashamed of.

(shameless plug) Or, if you miss your mom, record your feelings here:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ComeBackMom/

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi Jgnat,
    You're right. I've followed Richie's posts with great interest. It's a shame that his mother might never again have contact with him, prefering the rules of a publishing company over her son, but that's her choice, sick as it may be.

Richie's Mom'
    I've read your son's posts. He is a wise and intelligent young man with a love of life and a great sense of humor. He has a great potential here at the beginning of his adult life to be a successful, well-rounded person. It would be a real shame if you weren't there to share it with him. Just remember that as he goes through life that his door of communication is always open, but it will be up to you to go through it.
    Sincerely,
    CyrusThePersian
    Columbia TN

• jgnat
    jgnat

C'mon, Cyrus. Spit it out. I know you've got it in you.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

***cough ***choke...There...got it out..whew, that was worse than that hairball

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Ritchie

You display maturity well beyond your tender years, you have a wonderful personality and respect those to whom respect is due. You have become an individual unafraid to explore the unknown and accept the challenges thrown up in doing so.

If we don't question and explore life - yes, maybe making mistakes along the way too - then we don't learn or grow. You, Ritchie are learning and growing.

I'd like to thank your mum for raising a son who is such a blessing to so many people - even over long distances, and if you were my son, I'd be very proud of you just as your mum has every reason to be too.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Dear Richie's Mom,

I have much admiration for your fine son. He has true wisdom beyond his years and a great love for you and his father. Richie seems to feel he needs to make different decisions in his life than you have made in yours. Please try to give him this respect and let him choose his own road. He wants nothing but to make you and his dad proud but he also needs to be true to himslef.

I feel that family is truly all important. There should be no one, no man, or organization, that should tell us who to care about or how to care about them. Please know, I have much respect for you. Richie's fine character is a testament to your character as a mom.

Hoping for the best with you and Richie,

Freedomlover

• carla
    carla

Dear Richie's Mom,

How lucky you are to have a son like Richie! He is mature beyond his years. While 'worldly' children of his age are worrying about the what could be considered silly things to an adult, your son is worrying about you. The loss you both will experience and why? Simply because he has the ability and intelligence to go to college? And that he may give up a man made organization?

He is a caring human being and has shown much empathy to those suffering. You may think this is due to the fine upbringing within the jw's, I would say it was in spite of being brought up in the jw's. Any organization that requires conditional love on the part of a mother, cannot be from God.

He is going to turn out to be one of the finest human beings you will ever know, I think so anyway. He has many of the same qualities of my child, very bright, caring, wisdom beyond their age, and a wonderful sense of humor! And love for his mother.

You have the choice to not experience the loss of a child, others have not had that choice. Will you listen to mere men? Or will you listen to your heart?

If you choose to shun your child, he will move on as difficult as it will be for him. As a mother myself I think you will not be able to move on very easily. I couldn't anyway. What support will you really get at the hall? A cold comfort that will not heal your heart or mind.

I wish Richie nothing but the best in his future!

agape,

carla

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ritchie is a very intelligently aware person and surprisingly well informed and competent for his age and the kind of person that will no doubt be very creative in society.

It is strange the religion that his family belongs to drives away such persons that could have been its assets, but its arrogant totalitarian approach to its members is ultimately self defeating. The younger generation is leaving en mass.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey Ritchie - respect man - so sad about your mothers attitude - shame

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dear Ritchie's Mom:

I, too, admire your son for his intelligence, his wit, his compassion, and his integrity. You have raised a wonderful human being. Please be proud and never fail to show him that you return to him the great love he holds for you.

Sincerely yours,

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit