Do Some JW Elders Secretly Consider It Possible That They Are Wrong?

by West70 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Do Some JW Elders Secretly Consider It Possible That They Are Wrong?

Yes!

I was one who always wondered if what I was believing and enforcing was wrong. Even though I have been baptized since 1970, I wasn't appointed as an elder until 1986. Mainly because I wasn't getting the magic number each month. I always felt that knocking on doors was not a requirement for being accepted by God.

Because of what some Circuit Overseers referred to as "positive peer pressure" I finally made the magic number (10 hours+ for many months) and it was an experience in creative bookkeeping.

Voila! I was appointed as an elder to the joy over 100 publishers in my cong.

That started one of the worst periods of my life. I became an alchoholic and almost lost my family because of my wanting to be accepted by the "brothers." Now I say..............Fu@$ them all!

Guess that's why I am now an official of an apostate web site. And really loving my life these days!

But why attack Gretchen my dear West70?

Today......I am a born again Christian who does not wear his beliefs on his sleeve. I am not to be a judge!

As a matter of fact.............as I stated in a few of my other posts..............I have three best friends in this world.

The first one is my daughter who is also a born again Christian and two women who happen to be lesbians. These two women are the most wonderful and loving people I could wish to have in my life.

I would give my life for my daughter and also for these two women.

I'll leave the judging up to Jesus!

HappyDad

• West70
    West70

BTTT, since this thread is an excellent opportunity for lurkers to learn more about some folk's lack of reading comprehension, hypocrisy, and foundamental morals, etc.

First, where did I say that "I believe GOD killed the Elder", or even that the exJW believed that GOD killed the Elder?

I asked whether anyone suspects that the BOE were the ones who might have believed such, or that the BOE & CO were afraid that some in the Cong would possibly believe such:

-----Does anyone else suspect that slimely JW Elder DIED that very night, and that such "scared the HELL" out of the other Elders, who then decided they would just drop the matter against exJW Christian rather than make the DA Announcement?

-----Or, did the BOE consult with the CO, and were they afraid regular Cong members would discover the weird circumstances, and that possibly some of the Cong members would "make the connection" between JW Elders DEATH and his actions toward exJW Christian?

Frankly, I do NOT believe that GOD micro-manages anyone's life - be they Xian or non-Xian. It's my guess that GOD rarely intervenes in most folk's affairs, but I do believe that HE will occasionally do so for HIS own reasons.

Thus, I do accept that it might be possible that this was an instance when HE chose to make a statement, but the exJW never implied such when telling me their story, and I never mentioned the possibility to exJW.

The hypocrises are OBVIOUS, and need no commentary.

Second, ... nah, I'll not waste my time ... maybe later.

PS: I'll continue to pray for all you God-haters, because I was once such myself. If I deserve salvation, and can be made to "see" such, so can you.

:)

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Ehhhhhh don't bother praying for me, my God doesn't listen to judgemental bigots.

Take the rafter from your own eye before you try to extract the straw from anyone else's

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    -----Does anyone else suspect that slimely JW Elder DIED that very night, and that such "scared the HELL" out of the other Elders, who then decided they would just drop the matter against exJW Christian rather than make the DA Announcement?

WTF... Were you ever even a witness? Of course they didn't! Thats not how things are done in the JW congregation!

• loosie
    loosie

West70,

You remind me of some of my JW relatives. If you don't agree with them you must hate God. I don't hate God. Ilove him and his Son. I think it's unfair that you judge people who don't agree with you as God haters.

That attitude is why the bumper reads:"God save me from your followers".

You asked a question and Gretchen gave her answer/opinion. And you flat out attacked her unprovoked.

How many followers would Jesus have if he attacked everyone who asked him a question. Scary to think he would have responded in that manner. Which I am glad he didn't.

Now back on topic. I don't think the elders got scared because one elder died. Remember they have your same attitude We are right no matter what the cost.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    BTTT, since this thread is an excellent opportunity for lurkers to learn more about some folk's lack of reading comprehension, hypocrisy, and foundamental morals, etc.

deserve salvation, and can be made to; such, so can you.

It is clear that your moral view is indeed 'found-a-mentalist' - that you think in terms of deserving - and that your god is like a man, an animal, and imaginary

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

West 70 It is obvious that you are hostile to those who do not stand up to your own requirements as to what is a person, deserving your respect as a christian.

This attitude is not the attitude that describes christ in the bible you claim to believe and follow.

In fact your attitude will cause others to look down on the religion you are promoting as unacceptable due to YOUR judgemental convicting attack on Sherry.

Since this forum accepts all people without requirements other than the standard conduct of respect and acceptance of people as they are and not what we think they should be. Maybe you should move on to another forum that accepts angry insulting attacks on others..

Up to this point I found your posts interesting. I no longer feel this way.

Outoftheorg

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

To answer your question: 100% , without a doubt I know that some JW elders secretly consider it possible that the truth is in fact a lie.

• wombat
    wombat

That certainly was a disgusting, unprovoked attack by West 70.

I haven't owned a Bible for decades but I recall that Galatians describes the fruits of the Spirit. It amazes me how many Christians can read those words yet not apply it to themselves.

Though not a Christian myself I regard it as a beautiful faith when taken in it's simplicity and not the dangerously hateful way as displayed by West 70.Please tell me West 70 what Church you belong to so I can know to avoid it.

Do you think that your Jesus is proud of you? Yes..you probably do. Jesus would never have hugged trees.

Wombat.

• West70
    West70

OutOfTheOrg:

FYI, I have numerous email boxes which I use to communicate with XJWs across the globe, and those email boxes were FLOODED last evening and this morning with "ATTA BOYS".

If you think for a moment that I could care less what you and certain other XJWs think, you haven't been paying attention - for quite some time.

I post here for a variety of reasons- none of which REQUIRE me to post here. Mainly, I post here as a way of reaching people that I don't wish on my email lists. Frequently, it is just because I'm bored. Sometimes it is a quick way to communicate with the "lurker class". Etc. Etc.

I am well aware that I don't fit in with this DB's majority of atheists, agnostics, Wiccans, Pagans, Criminals, etc. I was told long ago that CHRISTIAN LONGO was one of the "ruling cliques" favorite sons here during the time period when he was only a "lesser criminal" - before he got around to murdering his family. I have also been told that there have been 2 or 3 other criminals that have been favorites with posters here over the years.

So, don't plan on me worrying about "fitting in" with those who control the philosophy and morals of this DB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit