Do you still believe in JEHOVAH?

by lowden 26 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

Uhhh...that would be a "NO"...

• Ellie
    Ellie

Well, when you put it like that it does sound ridiculous to call him a god of love, however, I'm still slightly brainwashed, working on it though.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I know the Caananites were sacrificing their babies

Hey, so were they imitating Jehovah or did Jehovah imitate them by killing his children.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think the more apt question for me is "do I WANT to believe in Jehovah." THe answer is no. I am still trying to break out of the habit of bowing my head before a meal. Who the fuck am I praying to? THe emptiness was always there before, except now I just accept it and eat my food. There is no god to thank it for. It grew from the ground, and that is good enough for me. If the Creator wanted praise from me, he/she/it would have communicated with me in less confusing fashion than the Christian Bible provides. Seriously, with thousands of religions stemming from one text, how the hell would the god of that text expect anyone to find the supposedly right one. For that reason and many others, I find the god of Abraham and the god of Jesus to be utter bullshit. Jesus was cool, until he got resurected - which is impossible, by the way. THe laws of nature dictate that resurection cannot happen - and why would this god break his own LAWS in order to do it? Doesn't stack up. The entire Judeo/Christian world and everything else stemming from it is a house of cards that collapsed long, long ago... excpet the world is still full of people who would rather beleive irrationally.

• Kaput
    Kaput

I don't see gods sitting on throwns.

CAN YOU SEE ONE NOW?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YES.

Jehovah is the name of a sock puppet made from one of Fred Franz' baby-shit-brown unlaundered socks. To this day Jehovah smells just like Fred -- or was it the other way around?

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Not in the least, I dont need imaginary friends anymore. Then again, Im not sure that I ever did. I just had plenty of people around to tell me that I did.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Nah! Like the post above says and if I may be so bold to add---Religion is for adults that need imaginary friends

BUT I do wonder if maybe theirs a supreme person [God] thats not just interested in a chosen people or magazine sales.Perhaps jehovahs gotta boss and he looks like Marlon Brando.

• anewme
    anewme

Why are we still tormenting ourselves with the visions of others??????

Why not look into your God given heart to determine what is right and wrong????

Have you not studied history???
    Have you not studied the peoples who have never known Jehovah?????

How wrong were they?????

The Watchtower Society paints a picture that they were total brutal heathens, killing their children and what not. What society has ever proven to be so maniacal?????

Were they???? And if so, why were they????? Out of love for HIM??The father of the universe?

I have been studying history and the records of humans. It is totally impressive------all of it!!!!!

Human beings, free from religious propaganda do pretty well in dealing with the human problems that have been around for eons of time.

I still believe in the "father of the universe" and I expect I will be praying to him for help when I really need it next.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Not really anymore. I am not an atheist, but find it hard to believe in a god that condoned wholesale slaughter in the past, and will do it again in the future. He is supposed to be a god of love, there seems to be a notable lack of it to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit