Do you still believe in JEHOVAH?

by lowden 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Definitely not.

However,

the named god of the bible that sanctioned the genocide of millions of unbelievers. As the Israelites came into the 'promised land' god told them to devote to destruction 7 populous nations and not let a breathing thing live, or in other words commit genocide!!! Kill babies, tiny toddlers, kids...slit their throats...run them through with the sword...chase them through the streets screaming for their mothers. I remember reading in the 'insight' books that there were about 3 million people in those 7 nations....3 MILLION!!!! I can't personally believe in that god...he disgusts me to the core, a crazed murdering maniac!! There are many other inhuman things he sanctioned and perpetrated.

this never really happened. The "Conquest" is pseudo-history, a fiction designed from the 6th-century BC onwards to back up the ideology of exclusivistic Yahwist monolatry, and then the political-religious claims of the Judeans that came back from exile against the "people of the land" who had never left. The vast majority of Israelites had their ancestral roots in Canaan, they did not take the place of other peoples by a violent conquest.

I don't mean this as an excuse btw. This was a morally stinking and politically dangerous fiction, which has indirectly caused many deaths since it was forged.

• lowden
    lowden

Anewme!....Narkisos!...You impress me...feckin' brilliant posts. I toast you.

Peace

Lowden

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Hat's off to you Narkissos, very well said, the more I research the Hebrews/Jews the more I see that these were nomads who needed a history and heroes to feel up to par with the other Civilizations which were much more advanced, so they borrowed or stole ideas, heroes, stories and used them as their own to give their people a sense of self importance and reverence for some mountain God that would punish them gravely if they didn't do as they were told. The Hebrews were not monotheistic at first, that came later after they were introduced to these ideas in Babylon. Anyway, oh yeah, the question do I still believe in Jehovah? that is a resounding HELL NO!!!!! I believe in God the Creator whoever he/she is, but the bible God, nope no way he was an evil, vindictive and jealous bastard!

IC

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Jehovah is my bitch, and there is nothing you can do about it!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Nah! Like the post above says and if I may be so bold to add---Religion is for adults that need imaginary friends

And we're all really f*cked if even our imaginary friends don't like us

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

The Hebrew scriptures are only related to the Greek because they have been printed together for a seventeen hundred years or so. T

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Why does the WTBTS depict God as a white male??? I thought no man or woman could lay their eyes on God and survive. Ipso facto the picture here is not of God our creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit