I'm a newbie!!

by Poodles 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome!

What would you like to know?

• FairMind
    FairMind

poodles, in reference to your question to ironclaws about staying up so late, there is a three hour time differental between NY and CA.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I would like to understand the Witness way of life w/o joining!!

Try attending a random Kingdom Hall outside your neighbourhood. Don't give any of the sweet sisters your phone number.

• rebel8
  • Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Welcome poodles! Yes, please don't join the Witnesses, it's like Hotel California: you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave. (once you've joined JWs)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, Poodle! I'm sure you've figured out by now that most of us are EX-Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sherry

• wanda
    wanda

For example, they teach against Easter yet read

HOW CHRISTIANS CAN BETTER DISCUSS EASTER, THE RABBITS AND EGGS

In fact although many encyclopedias repeat the speculation of "the Venerable Bede," an 8th Century scholar, that Easter may come from the name of the Anglo-Saxon goddess Eastre, the Latin "Hebdonada Alba” (White Week) a spring week when people wore white to be baptized as Christians, was mistranslated as Eostarum which became Easter.

Also the Anglo-Saxon word "eastre" means easterly or eastern, a reminder Christianity entered

When Christianity reached in the 1500s, eggs and rabbits were used as symbols of the resurrection hope of new life, rabbits famed for bearing new life in spring and appearing first here remindful of how Christ appeared various places after resurrected.

Colossians 2:16 says “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day” so although a few don’t celebrate Easter, these reasons are why the vast majority do and with full scriptural approval.

Knowing these things also gives Christians the joy of sharing the information with non-Christians so that they can know when about to die that because of Christ they too have the hope being resurrected to be with their loved ones again.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses/ provides more free leaflets like this

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome, Poodles.....please do your homework, before jumping into becoming a witness. And if it's about you dating a jw boy, RUN like hell, as fast as you can. You do not want to be tied to him and his faith. Believe me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum Poodles, have no doubts here your questions will be given the correct answers.

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome poodles. Stop Look and Listen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit