A question on the Central Wisconsin Apostate Hotbed Activity!

by TooOpinionated 32 Replies latest jw friends

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Well, I have to take my primo apostate hat off to all of you that have done the fine work in Marshfield and Neillsville. I am so impressed with the results!

Now....being in nearby Wisconsin Rapids, I have a question. We DA'd, and everyone shuns us. As of yesterday and today, I have recieved a few emails from "friends" that previously blocked me when the announcement was made, and made of point of actively shunning us in person. Of course we all know that they are to have no contact with me, so why the friendly "just thinking of you" emails? After a silence of 2-3 years, in some cases. Hmmmm.

Now, I am suspicious. If the elders from a few congregations were having a pow-wow in the area today, I'm sure the names of possible apostate agitators came up, and there might be a slight chance that I would be on the list. (This said with tongue-in-cheek, of course.) Would Theocratic Warfare be allowed in this case? I feel they think they can throw a bone of pretend friendship my way, and they think I would be so desperate to get back into their good graces that I would weaken and give them some info in their witchhunt.

Of course, I know that this is a trap, and I will not respond to any of them, but I want to know if this highly unusual behavior is typical in these situations. Besides, I never forget, and forgiving is harder. I am a big believer in reverse shunning, and they all know it.

Joke is on them-I had no idea anything was happening! I am quite interested in what is going to happen next on all fronts, though.

Am I off base here? Any ex-elders have the answer? This is my first experience with people leaving congregations for apostasy, and I'm loving it!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

TO

There are enough of us in this area that person "A" provides comments to piss off the elders for awhile. When the elders get together to attack "A" then "B" steps in and takes the heat off of "A". Then "C" steps up to the plate and takes the heat for awhile and then "A" starts all over again.

The elders here don't have a clue as to what is going to happen next. I do believe that there is going to be an all out war very shortly. With the DA letter that Hawkeye wrote and sent to several in the congregation. That will cause the kettle to boil over. There has already been heated discussions between a Householder and one of the Pioneers in the Marshfield Congregation. I mean a heated, raised voiced, yelling, heated argument. The elderettes in this congregation think they are God's gift to the world. and the world should be listening to them just as much as the congregation is suppose to be listening to their husbands.

We've got cameras standing by when the elders decide to try something. Funny thing is that they havent' shown a face since the video that Schne-belly filmed and distributed. I did get to say hello to one elderette the other day while shopping. She didn't look happy at all when she saw me. Oh-well. I'm over it.

Like I said in a previous post. There was going to be some fires started here.

As to your question about ones resuming their talking with you. Either they have been tasked with getting information about us or maybe they too are tired of the BS and are checking the waters to see if there is a support group out here if they decide to jumpship. There are more of us that there are of them. We will welcome them with open arms.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey all you good apostates from WISCONSIN 9Some of whom I have met) yall hang in there now

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Noticed large representation here on JWD from WI. In fact, I'm impressed that I haven't seen a JW since moving to Madison 3 years ago!. not that I'm complaining. I saw 2 KH's in the Madison area: one south on Route 51, and the other near Barnaveld (sp), but both outside city limits. Are there any KHs in Madison proper? Just curious...

-silent

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I think you should try to get some info out of them...if e-mailing... you can keep a documented report on them and see how it goes. Maybe they are testing the waters to see about a way out! I'd just be very frank and ask them why they are contacting you now?

My non-witness Aunt asked today why there weren't any witnesses showing up at her door??? She said she hadn't seen any for a long time!!! Sounds like good news to me!

Swalker

• sf
    sf

As one of Led Zepps greater song says...

"Lyin', cheatin', hurtin' is all you seem to do...your time is gonna come..."

Sing it loud and proud you guys!

sKally

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    If the elders from a few congregations were having a pow-wow in the area today, I'm sure the names of possible apostate agitators came up, and there might be a slight chance that I would be on the list. (This said with tongue-in-cheek, of course.) Would Theocratic Warfare be allowed in this case?

Yes they would use Theocratic Warfare. What ever it takes is OK. When I stopped going to meetings, I got no sheperding calls or visits. Then after my wife ratted me out about reading Ray Franz books I suddenly got a call from a brother who I was kinda close to. He started out sounding sincere and then the questioning started. At this point there was no question in my mind that the elders/elder was on the line as well. I invited him over my house so we could talk in private. He gave me one lame excuse after another and never showed up. Nice try guys. So watch your phone calls too. You never know who's listening.

The Claw

• loathjw
    loathjw

Oh how I miss Wisconsin, and not so very far away...

And gee, I wonder? My husband's family is from there and I understand his brother is, well, like the top presiding elder there.

I've never been a JW, my husband was DFed when I met him--why won't they shun him already? Oh please, oh please!

Instead, his JW parents have been trying to get him back together with his skanky DFed ex for the past 22 years!

I didn't even meet him until after the tramp dumped him for another man--and then got DFed herself for screwing his JW friends!

When I met him, he was a full blown alcoholic, busy trying to commit suicide, and came pretty close to suceeding. I stupidly forgave my husband's JW parents for trying to break up our marriage for his ex the first few times because I do believe the true reason we forgive our enemies is not for their sake, but to heal ourselves.

Now, I had also written my story on these boards a few years back, and thought the situation was resolved, so I stopped. But then his parents pulled it all over again just recently and I'm done keeping silent to try to remain civil and be the "adult". I want this freak show to end! I want closure! So my husband and I wrote the elders and told them that "sometimes, the only protection we have against evil is to expose it."

Now, considering the fact that when I lived in Wisconsin, I worked at "gossip central" where I was the reigning queen and know, oh, pretty much everyone. So how many people do you think I've been sharing my story with there? The truth is, I know lots of witnesses there, who call to tell me everything his parents have been doing with his DFed ex in Wisconsin--because the woman had sex with their husbands too!

It appears that elders aren't required to obey the rules they set for other members of the congregation, so even though all the witnesses know, his parents can apparently do whatever they want!

So I'll be hoping to see you at the next apostate fest--coming soon to an area near you. Maybe they're wondering if you know me? Maybe you do because I'm an incredibly loud and vocal person, credible too.

• blondie
    blondie
    YELLOW PAGES ADVERTISERS
    Fitchburg Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (share with South congregation) 3082 Herman Road
    Fitchburg, WI 53711
    608-274-7700
    Email:
    business profile | phone phone | map & details
    http://www.watchtower.org
    Jehovah's Witnesses (East, North, Sun Prairie congregations) 5475 Portage Road
    Madison, WI 53704
    608-241-3277
    Email:

Jehovah's Witnesses (West and Middleton congregations) 542 Pleasant View Road
    Middleton, WI 53562
    608-833-0440
    Email:

Jehovah's Witnesses Monona Grove Congregation (share with Spanish congregation) 4545 East Buckeye Road
    Madison, WI 53716
    608-221-3993
    Email:

Jehovahs Witnesses (Mount Horeb) 8905 Ridgeview Road
    Mount Horeb, WI 53572
    608-437-4785
    Email:
    business profile |phone phone|map & details
    Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall Elmer Road