WATCHTOWER MONEY - New contribution program!

by Severus 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• osmosis
    osmosis

LOL that's wicked. Nice job, man. I too admire the serial numbers.

As for the back, how about the most distrubing quote from the watchtower you can find, complete with reference so they can look it up if they care to.

Just yesterday I realized the best way to combat the JWs as a group is by publishing counter-information such as this funny money. The specific idea I had was to publish a parody of the Awake! magazine containing amusing, yet scathing articles about the JWs, in the same condescending tone of the magazine. I thought of calling it "Asleep!".

If I agreed to do the editorial work, graphics and page layout, are there any amongst us who would spend some of their time contributing articles?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

We are the apostate 'field of dreams' build it and they will come.... all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• rebel8
    rebel8

osmosis

OMG I had the same idea a while back. I wanted to produce a printable brochure spoofing "What Do JWs Believe?" and put it online. It started out as a one page web and grew into much more (jwinfo.8m.com).

I still think it's a great idea. I would be interested in collaborating with you on this.

I've written a few fake "Young People Ask" articles in the past that were funny, but I'm not sure the general public would get the joke.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/94337/1600976/post.ashx#1600976

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/faq.shtml#rules

What are the rules for the printing, publishing and illustrations of U.S. currency?

The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550, in Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, permits color illustrations of U.S. currency provided:
    1. the illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated;
    2. the illustration is one-sided; and
    3. all negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices, and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof are destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use. Title 18, United States Code, Section 504 permits black and white reproductions of currency and other obligations, provided such reproductions meet the size requirement.

Even though the WT $ is fairly obviously fake, if it were me, I'd take the extra precaution of following the above guidelines. FYI

The one-sided rule, I imagine, would still be met as long as side 2 didn't contain an image of currency. So if you put text or other images on the back, I'd imagine it'd be ok. The size thing should be fairly easy to comply with, because if you're putting it in a contribution box, you can just fold it and it won't be noticeable that it's an inch off the regular size.

• Severus
    Severus

Thanks for your comments rebel8. I am not to concerned about counterfeiting issues based on the following:

The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550, in Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, permits color illustrations of U.S. currency provided:

The Zero Dollar is not a "color illustration of U.S. currency" because it:

• Does not represent a US bill of any denomination (it's a "zero")
    • Uses only the US currency border pattern, EVERYTHING ELSE is manufactured
    • Does not say "United States of America" or represent itself as a US note.

If anyone is still concerned about counterfiet issues, you may simply write "Counterfiet" across the face.

Actually that would be appropriate for Watchtower Money...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I once had a Bubba Clinton two sided $3 bill. It had Bubba on the front and a picture of the White House on the back with a yard sale and a car on blocks in the foreground. At first glance it looked real enough, because it had the "United States of America" and "In God We Trust" on the bill as well. I doubt anything happened to whomever created it.

I say this would make a great picture on the back.

http://www.nucleus.com/~faxdir/jwarma23.jpg

• osmosis
    osmosis

Anyone who would like to submit an article or two, collaborate or contribute to this project can send me a message on here. Please send PM info, email address, etc.

• osmosis
    osmosis

Anyone who would like to submit an article or two, collaborate or contribute to this project can send me a message on here. Please send PM info, email address, etc.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

How about a national yearly (or monthly) campaign where we go to the Memorial (and weddings and funerals and such) just to drop off the funny money? I love it! I can't wait to print some out and bring it to all the local KH's for the memorial. Hallelujah.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm so pissed offf....

but only because I didn't do it first!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit