Meeting Survival Guide – Games to play

by unclebruce 43 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Meeting Survival Guide – Games we play

One doesn't grow up religiously attending '5 meetings a week™' without developing a strategy for survival. Mine started at about ten years of age and gradually grew more sophisticated as the years assemblies™ rolled by. It started innocently enough with me being equipped with a notebook and pen with which I stated drawing caricatures of the speaker™, Congregation Servant™, theocratic ministry school servant™ and everyone else including the bible characters and paradise visions we were supposedly 'studying™'

Other strategies included: Speed Scripture: This is usually the first game learned as a JW. How fast can you look up a scripture when 'requested from the platform™'? This can get very competitive especially among young males with many a New World Translation ending up with shredded and sticky taped pages. One soon learns the handicap of the old hard cover green bibles and up grades to a nice bendy deluxe version. Speed scripture ready reckoner : 2 seconds – good : 1 second – excellent : instant open to correct page – bingo! we have a winner
    Song Memory: Memorise the songs and sing with no songbook (confuses the buggery out of lesser mortals. In 20 years I only managed to learn three complete songs “we're Jehovah's witnesses”, “from house to house” and mmm ...what was #63 in the old pink songbook? Song Demon: Instead of moving on to the second verse repeat the first very loudly. A favourite of my pioneer partner and I when visiting small country congregations. The idea is to get those around you changing and repeating it too. Once we turned got the whole congregation (ah little victories). Hall Bondage: Is the sister in front wearing a dress with a big pink bow? Why not carefully untie it and re-tie her to her chair. Caution: I advise go to the dunny before she stands for the final song – an upset tearful girl with a torn dress is not for the faint hearted. Wake up Gumby: Brother in front dozing off during the 'Bible study with the aid of the watchtower?™' Lean forward and raise your arm to look like it's his. With any luck the microphone will soon be headed his way. (my pioneer partner and I once had the study conductor in fits with this tactic – Richard Best was a very serious man and couldn't work out which of us really had our hand, especially when we started having a pretend fight. In the end he got the giggles and had to excuse himself for a sobering drink of water.) Evil Eye: OK your friend is giving a talk™ tonight. Why not sit front and centre and during his talk start rolling your eyes, pulling faces, crosseyes etc... Did this to a young bro to such good effect he could hardly go on for nervous giggling. Glen Brown would get up and carry on like a baptist holy roller, thumping the podium™ etc.. but this trick slowed him down lol. Bible Swap: Best at assemblies™. While everyone is away during the break, swap all the bibles and song books about. Kick back and enjoy the confusion at the beginning of the next session (not so easy now that everyone eats where they sit). A new one I saw referenced here is copied from the business world and called *BS bingo.

Of couse the most common strategy was to kick back and think about sex
    unclebruce

===

So what about you? How did you cope with the hours of tedium and boredom?

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I like reading a nice book on evolution to help pass the time, in order not ro raise suspision I just tear the inside of my bible part and relpace the inside with my favorite peice of apoistate litature.

• gumby
    gumby

Brother in front dozing off during the 'Bible study with the aid of the watchtower?™' Lean forward and raise your arm to look like it's his. With any luck the microphone will soon be headed his way. (my pioneer partner and I once had the study conductor in fits with this tactic

LMAO ! Good one!....and to think I never tried this one.

I did put a fake rubber snake on a sisters bookbag just before we stood for the song and she hadn't gotten her book out yet however. She almost slapped me arse.

Me, (when I wasn't on the platform that is), I usually passed the time by reading the bible during the talk when I wasn't listening. Sometimes I'd hide in the stall next to the urinal and peek out the crack and watch brothers go pee

just kiddin bout the last comment....I was just checkin to see if anyone was on the board right now and I could get a rise out of anyone(pun not intended)

Gumby

• serendipity
    serendipity

a peeping gumby? a gumvert?

• serendipity
    serendipity

As kids, we did the speed scripture thingy too. I usually took notes and paid attention, because my father would ask questions and beat me if I couldn't answer them. I did notice the sister's clothes and sometimes coveted them (the clothes).

As an adult, I daydreamed through most meetings: where I'm going on vacation, sex, how to get revenge on my scumbag boss, sex, did I really screw up at work, sex, making a mental list of household chores, sex, how I'm going to arrange the living room furniture, sex....

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

A fun game for all the kiddies we used to play was, Index Word Swap, which plays like this:

Go to the back index, and chose a section, f is always a good one. Then read through the list uf cited scription, replacing the F with and alternative word.

steve

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

too late brother gumby you know what the internet's like!

APOSTATE TIMES ~ NEWSFLASH

Gumby ~ his pervert confession: ”Sometimes I'd hide in the stall

next to the urinal and peek out the crack and watch brothers go pee”

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

wow this is better than watching the pattern of ceiling lights.

• gumby
    gumby

God I hope Danny Hazzard doesn't make copies and hang em on every telephone pole in the U.S.

Gum-pee-pee-peeker

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Wow. Great games. I used to fill in all the "O"'s on the Watchtower pages and then play connect the dots.

Or. I used to like to draw a beard on the "Beardless Jesus" that the Society used to use.

I'm so glad I don't have to play those type of games at the KH anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit