without God what would humanity do?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 84 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    You start with a negative term to describe yourself, looks like you are the bitter one.

What?

Tongue and cheek" there genious

More of the same

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    More of the same

Okee dokee. So Dan whata think? Without God what would humanity do?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

God the concept or God as something that exists in objective reality? I think this is where most of your confusion stems from.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    well? What would humanity do without some belief in an almighty, in a divine in something?

how has it shaped the way modern man thinks?

would we better off or worse, without a belief in that which is divine?

meagan

Yo Dan Im just a player in a thread called "without God what would humanity do"

God the concept or God as something that exists in objective reality? ; I think this is where most of your confusion stems from.

See above meagen quote.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Without a belief in God.. maybe humanity would actually have to believe in themselves.. ............that they are in control of their destiny and they alone have to work together to make the world a better place.. as long as there are different beliefs in the world.. we can never have peace..

...........The world is splintered.. In fact ,, the world spins much better with out humanity.. the plant and animal life are in perfect cycles,,, humanity is the problem..We mess up everything!!!!! I have no belief in a God or a Devil.. and feel much more secure in my life than before ,,living in fear of a God who could threaten to destroy all at will...

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Without God, there would be no hope...

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    ...........The world is splintered.. In fact ,, the world spins much better with out humanity.. the plant and animal life are in perfect cycles,,, humanity is the problem..We mess up everything!!!!! I have no belief in a God or a Devil.. and feel much more secure in my life than before ,,living in fear of a God who could threaten to destroy all at will...

Other humans can also take your life.

Evolutionist themselves believe that the human race will be come extinct or a huge astroid will destroy us, which ever comes first. Then there is the threat of nuclear war or terrorism.

Instead of living in fear of God, we should see him as a welcome relief from our worries in fading away into nn exsistence.

• lilybird
    lilybird
    Instead of living in fear of God, we should see him as a welcome relief from our worries in fading away into nn exsistence

Ok.. point taken.. but then...God isn't doing anything to help our problems at this time.. If he exists.. which clearly he doesn't,,(but that is just my viewpoint anyways)

The most help people get from him is praying and then they feel better because they talked to someone or some enitity up there that might help them and so it is a placebo effect.. I pray.. I feel better.. He might help.... and yes humans do take others lives.. that is why I said humanity messes up the planet...but I feel better taking actual physical action for something if I can rather than just praying to some unknown( if existing) at all entity .. who is doing nothing to help anyways...

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    Ok.. point taken.. but then...God isn't doing anything to help our problems at this time.. If he exists.. which clearly he doesn't,,(but that is just my viewpoint anyways)

The most help people get from him is praying and then they feel better because they talked to someone or some enitity up there that might help them and so it is a placebo effect.. I pray.. I feel better.. He might help.... and yes humans do take others lives.. that is why I said humanity messes up the planet...but I feel better taking actual physical action for something if I can rather than just praying to some unknown( if existing) at all entity .. who is doing nothing to help anyways...

But God does help us. He helps us all the time. Its just too bad many humans do not realize this. Angels under his orders make goods things happen to people without them ever realizing it. Most of the time people will just credit themselves.

Only if people could see the role God played freeing America from England and giving the Allies victory over the Axis powers in World War 2.

God confuses our enemies. He puts thoughts in to the minds of other to do good unto us. He helps us find the truth.Have you ever had great idea pop inside your head all of the sudden? It's likely God gave you that idea. He helps us with decision making. These are how blessings come about.

• lilybird
    lilybird
    It's likely God gave you that idea. He helps us with decision making. These are how blessings come about

Uhh.. nope.. there's no voice of God giving me ideas...The minute I believe that I will running to my local phsycologist...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit