• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    A.: Everything that has been done.

HA!! ya, right on man.

cheers nate,

TS

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    I haven't seen an uprising of athiests yet.

Overthrow of the russian monarchy by communist.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Overthrow of the russian monarchy by communist.

ya, they're called marxists. aka communists. it's like saying all republican americans must be born again xians. atheism was footnote in that whole thing. the lack of a god concept didn't help them rule any better or any worse than any other country in the history of the world. god countries fall too you know? america will be dust someday.

TS

• GodisRight
    GodisRight

Belief in the God of Israel has made the world a better place to live. Democracy, equal rights, freedom of expression, and human rights groups all have roots that can be traced back to the christian greek scriptures.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Godisright, Democracy is the only thing in your list that has a genuine historical basis and was a greek idea, it has nothing to do the christian religion or the bible or god. The others are an expansion of the basic idea of democracy but are modern concepts.

Some other posters seem to be suggesting that god provided human morality, but haven't provided evidence to back up their claims.

From an evolutionary point of view high levels of group co-operation (including morality) in advanced social animals is a positive trait and would be likely to prevail genetically. Of course that doesn't stop some other monkey from stealing your woman!

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    Godisright, Democracy is the only thing in your list that has a genuine historical basis and was a greek idea, it has nothing to do the christian religion or the bible or god. The others are an expansion of the basic idea of democracy but are modern concepts.

Some other posters seem to be suggesting that god provided human morality, but haven't provided evidence to back up their claims.

From an evolutionary point of view high levels of group co-operation (including morality) in advanced social animals is a positive trait and would be likely to prevail genetically. Of course that doesn't stop some other monkey from stealing your woman!

Every nation on earth where democray and freedom of speech exist is predominately christian. And other nations such as South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan owe their democracy due to christian western intervention.

Look at North Korea! Barbaric, no human rights or freedom speech. Poor people their are valued less than animals. You can go to jail for a crime committed by a relative. No trial or jury or anything. All these are done in predominatly athiest state. Less than 1% of people there are religious.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

About anything can be traced back to anything earlier.

Stalinism throve on Russian Orthodox soil, Fascism on Italian/Spanish/Portuguese Catholic, Nazism on German Protestant/Catholic, etc. What do you think that "proves"?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

improve

• Caedes
    Caedes

Godisright, North Korea isn't an atheist state, there is no such thing. Choosing not to believe in god isn't a political choice or ideology. Unfortunately the same can't be said for religion.

I'm sure I don't need to go through the list of countries and political groups who have committed atrocities in the name of god or their faith.

Of course this is historical, perhaps one day all the atheists will band together and wipe out all the organised religions but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit