DATING 101: Dating Interacially and my opposite: Will it Work Out?

by stillAwitness 45 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Stila,

Up until this week I thought that the race issue was really not an issue. But, I am a blonde, blue eyed white female, therefore, my ignorance becomes manifest. We own our own company and we hired a very nice young black man. He is an excellent worker and loves rodeos and cowboy stuff not that any of that is important. He is just a very nice well mannered young man, I like him immensely. This week he was doing his work, it is out door work, with the public, and a white man comes along and just completely disrespects him. Later, he comes back and pulls a knife on him and starts threatening. Fortunately, he had some tools nearby that he brandished and the guy left. The white guy then calls my husband and says that our employee tried to attack him and were we going to fire him. My husband told the man that this behavior did not sound like anything this young man would do. Upon arrival the police had been called and witnesses verified that the white man was trying to attack our employee with a knife. The police are looking for him now. Long story short, I was completely shocked. Race is still an issue and people might actually make your relationship more difficult. I thought that society had advanced past this but apparently and sadly not.

On the other hand, I think that mixing the white and black races make the most beautiful people I have ever seen and if you do get together and happen to have a daughter please put my 3 year olds name in the hat for her.

Congratulations on finding your mister perfect.

Loruhamah

• atypical
    atypical

StillA, I know from experience that an interracial relationship can be great. In my opinion, it would only be a problem if race is an issue to you or your bf. You may get some crap from narrow minded people, but you will get even more respect from the free-thinking majority out there.

I totally agree with those who said that it's more important that you share similar values and outlooks on life and other people. For example, myself and others on this board are married to or in a relationship with a staunch jw. That can be a huge problem on both sides. My wife and I always got along great until I started fading. Now sometimes it seems like we have nothing in common. On top of that, the pressure from the elders is taking it's toll.

Best wishes to you. And don't worry about the grandma. My grandma has no idea how racist she is, but she told me my whole life that she would throw a fit if I married a black girl (I know, I cringe even typing it!) but she loves my wife to death and brags about her to everyone.

• GodisRight
    GodisRight

Stilla, I dated an older person in her 30's( I was the same age as you). She lied to me. She told me she was single. The truth is she was married I slowly backed away from her. I am glad I never had sex with her or else I would have been sleeping with another man's wife. We did kiss and I am sorry for that.

Before that I was dating a girl in her late teens. She was very immature, but sometimes really nice. She became my girlfriend but that relationship than last either.

I am now trying to build a relationship with God. Perhaps in the future, I will find a wife in my own age group.

I hope everything works out for you better than me.

Wait for the honeymoon before you sleep with the guy

I can see you telling me to shut up and get loss about right now.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Stilla, I've dated women of color before, and I don't think you have anything to worry about in that dept. You should even be able to have children, although I believe that they will of course be sterile, so grandchildren will be out of the question.

er... what was the question again?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Yes Stilla, I do, so just pm me if it does not work out okay?

Will do Lola.

There's a new movie out about a sister that hooked up with a guy sounds almost like the same situation, maybe someone will remember the title.

Ah yes, Something New with that chick from Love and Basketball. Maybe someone remembers her name. Maybe we'll go and see it togethor. Yeah, I'm a bit sappy at times.

Add it to the many delicious memories you will have when you are old and grey and sitting in your rocker looking out upon the fields. Thats what grannies are really thinking about!

Hmm..I never thought about it this way but you are right anewme. For once I am gonna live for the moment. and get out of the JW mindset of always thinking about the future. He actually gave me the same advice but I didn't listen. I guess its different when its coming from a woman

However the scene where Bernie Mac badgers Ashton Kutcher into telling black jokes has to be a cultural milestone. The laughed at alot of them, but then he went just a little to far. The cultural divide reared up with a vengeance. We've come so far, but so far to go.

I remember that scene! Classic!

learn this stuff as quickly as possible so you can become a "whole person." Shopping at Needless Markup is fun to do once in a while, huh?

You always give great advice LDH! In fact, I hate the fact that my whole life I have been sheltered and taken care of by my parents so much just simply because it seems as if I was to be thrust into the real world I would be shaking in my boots. I envy those who have actually had to survive on their own. Not that I am saying I have never had problems in my life that I have not had to deal with. Because we all got problems, wether one sees them as big or small. Its just at times I feel if I'll ever be ready to be out in the real world when that day arises for me to make that move.

Most of all... make sure he loves his momma. No wait... REALLY MOST OF ALL, DON'T LET HIM BECOME A JW!!!

LOL! Well I know he absolutely adores his mom and talks about her all the time. They even IM each other I mean how cute is that? And as far as being a witness? Doubt it! Not with that Jesus beard he's sporting.

mixed-race kids are really good looking ...

True. By the way, you said your parents married interacially? Are you a product of one of those "really good looking" mixed kids? Loruhamah what an interesting story! I hope many on here don't think I am making the race thing an issue because I am honestly not. Really, our cultural differences as far as how we grew up and whatnot seem to bother me more. At the same time, I don't want to ignore the race issue because it is there.

Wait for the honeymoon before you sleep with the guy

I can see you telling me to shut up and get loss about right now.

I wouldn't tell you to shut-up! Never that! Maybe to just put a sock in it

• M.J.
    M.J.
    True. By the way, you said your parents married interacially? Are you a product of one of those "really good looking" mixed kids?

Uhh, yeah.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ok, then..you've earned your bragging rights

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

stillA - To be honest, I've never dated a black guy and I'm mixed. I've never kissed a black guy or anything. It just always happened that way. So all of my relationships have been with white men and I was engaged to a white man and things were great. I think its more about the connection you have or where you're from. I think where I'm from its not frowned upon to date someone of another color. If you like him and he likes you, then I don't think that should matter :).

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Stila,

Please don't think that was what I was implying. My implications were for the white guy that was so mean. I live in my own little world and forget that there are really ugly people out there that want to hurt others because their DNA said for them to be a certain color. The little world that I live in allows anyone who loves someone else to be together despite differences, if everyone looked the same it would be a rather boring world. The jerk white guy just startled me into reality. Not fun at all, I like my little world. Unicorns live there too. LOL

Loruhamah

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    I wouldn't tell you to shut-up! Never that! Maybe to just put a sock in it

AWW Stilla, Try it.... It will work wonders for your relationship. You will know peace like never before

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit