Parents' reaction to the baby

by Nosferatu 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Update...

If you and Mrs Nos want to set up a Gift Registry at someplace like ToysRUs and share it with the folks here, I'm sure you'll see just how much love there is to go around for your new baby.

The gift registry has been set up. If you guys are still wanting to do this for us, send me a PM and I'll give you the info.

Also, we bought the crib this weekend, and the Ultrasound is today. I'm excited!

• sf
    sf

{{{ Nos and family }}}

It isn't sad. It's sick.

Keep your child far away from these sick people.

I know how you feel though about the sadness for your child having grandparents whom are sick like this. My daughter has the same. Yet she has other great people in her life that are better for her and her esteem and security. THEY are what is meant by the term GRAND PARENTS.

The hypocrisy of jws grates on my nerves so intensely because of how the mask their true feelings to the unsuspecting householder or person on the street as they witness to them, acting as if they truly are concerned. When in FACT, they are as good as dead if they don't convert and conform to the ways of THE WATCHTOWER.

{{{ More hugs }}}

Sincerely, sKally

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for your situation with the parents! I too would keep them far, far away from them. At the very least never leave them alone with them. Should you decide to let them into the childs life, set some ground rules and what will happen if they do not follow your rules for your child.

On another note, if you don't have any granparent type of friends or neighbors I'm sure someone here would be happy to be the surrogate grandparent! I've read of some who did not have children due to the orgs rules long ago, I'll bet they would love to shower a child with love.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

That is so.. HORRIBLE!! Nevermind what they think, your child is a precious gift from above!! And if this is your first baby, you will experience life from such a wonderful exciting new angle!! Don't let ANYONE take away your joy!! Sounds like NOTHING will make your parents happy! Try not to dwell on them! Concentrate on you and that baby.

Congratulations, this is a VERY special time for you!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• anewme
    anewme

I experienced the usual sense of loss and grief at my parents deaths, but also great freedom!

My life blossomed after the death of my parents.

You need to give to yourself and to your little family the love you never got.

• Panda
    Panda

Nos, You are so smart and funny (re:Nigerian scam); That and the love you have will make all the difference to your baby. Your parents think that they are justified in their nasty attitude. Like most JWs they love to lord it over someone , anyone... and especially to try and make you as miserable as they are. Of course the dubs don't have a lock on this.

I am super happy for you. Once your little Nos is here and your whole world revolves around little Nos, heck you will quickly let the baby erase all the ugly people in your past. Enjoy your life.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow I just discovered how much I have missed. I didn't know any of this.

It does look though that the board is going to adopt the baby so he/she will have plenty of extended family.

If I was still in Winnipeg I'd offer my services as official grand-parent.

• loosie
    loosie

Congrats Nos!!!!!

I know what you mean about having crappy grandparents.

I don't let my daughter talk to her crappy Grandma...talk about a negative influence. My child is better off w/o her.

She has a normal grandpa though.. taht balances the scales a bit.

I had that book "toxic parents" laying out on the coffe table one time when Toxic grandma came over. Boy did that piss her off.. she said " what is this book trying to say".. I was laughing so hard.

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((Nos)))

I grew up with only one grandparent, and he was retired in Denmark and only came to visit us infrequently over the years. However, my parents gave us lots of love (I was the only JW sucker in my family) as kids and I don't think we really suffered from not having Grandmas and Grandpas around. They're a bonus, yes, if they're nice and loving, but not a necessity for the well-being of your little "creature."

I remember many posts describing your difficult parents. Kill-joys, yes. Don't let their negativity rob you of the joy and wonder of parenthood. You and Mrs. Nos know how to behave, how to provide, and you know what you want for Baby Nos. I'm sure you will be thoughtful, caring and supportive parents. Which is all a child can ask.

PM me the gift registry info, please?

Aunt Brenda

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Nos,

Just a different perspective: My mother was very abusive to us, but she's a better grandparent than I would have ever guessed. Not that she's *great* but she's definitely mellowed and she genuinely loves my daughter in her own warped way. I had no qualms about leaving my daughter with her for an extended period of time.

I'd say give your parents the benefit of the doubt until they prove to be unworthy of the honor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit