Just checking in: Life is GREAT and I'm SO HAPPY

by berylblue 31 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

as an ex-JW.

For those of you who are wondering if there is life beyond the WTBTS -

Yes, there is.

A very fulfilling, exciting, SATISFYING life.

I am now a store manager candidate for a national pharmacy chain - will have my own store within 6 months -

My grandson is beautiful and both my children are in constant contact.

I will be getting married to a wonderful man in a few months - AND

I was named "Third Most Disgusting Yahoo Troll Of The Month" in December.

Can it get any better than that?

I have never been happier. No more guilt trips, no more constant put downs. I love life, I love myself, and I don't give a rat's ass about religion anymore.

For those who knew me three years ago, they realize this is a major accomplishment for me.

Life is good. The Maple Shade and the Erial Congregations can keep on waiting on Jehovah - I've made a REAL life for myself.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Congratulations Beryl; I know exactly what you mean! I can hardly believe how great life is on the other side, myself, having always been terrified of the big bad World. As it turns out, it's a daily joy!

I think of it this way: me at every convention since I was thirteen, imagining hanging myself from the roof... vs me waking up happy every day since I was disfellowshipped, and it always getting better. Who'd have thought it? Certainly not I. It's so great to be alive, happy, and OUT.

yay us!

• Cellist
    Cellist

It's always nice to hear success stories. Two in a row is even better!!

Hugs to both of you.

Cellist

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Wow!! Way to go.

I only hope I can be where you are someday with leaving this cult behind.

Good Luck on your future endeavors!!!!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Wow, Mapleshade, are you kidding me? Is there a Mapleshade kingdom hall? Anyway, good for you. I live in Mountlaurel and attended the Mountholly cong. Parents just left the Moorstown cong. to retire to Fla.

Huh, small world

PS: you may have met my wife while she worked at theMapleshade Acme.

• simplesally
    simplesally

How did you earn the Yahoo troll award???

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Erial Congregations

Thats Eddie Arnald's turf

• delilah
    delilah

Good for you Beryl!!! You go girl! There is a life after the borg, isn't it wonderful? I especially like the part where it pi$$es the witnesses off, that those of us who leave are happy. Really and truly happy. We're supposed to be so sad, and lost and forlorn.....miserable, because we have left the confines of Jehovah's protective custody.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

B, Congrats! I know what you mean about the daily joy of freedom. I've never appreciated life more. As a JW I was a hamster on a wheel, running from task to task - meetings, service, conventions, more, more, more. I wasn't helping people or going anywhere. Now I feel as if I can do anything - pursue the hopes and dreams I ruthlessly suppressed, the weight of the daily dub grind is long gone. Everyday is a brand new world, another chance to live and love authentically, to live my truth. Life is so precious and I'm going to enjoy every second of it. I'm so happy for you. God Bless - V Sky

• towanda
    towanda

Amen sister friend! Life is good when your dancing to your own beat! Thanks for the positive yippee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit