Food at Proper Time:Insider's Insight from Barbara

by Maximus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Alan/Ranchette:

Once again you take an incident and turn it into a blanket judgement of "all" JW's. This is a serious fallacy.

Alan said: "And some posters don't think JWs are capable of overt killing! LOL!" The implication here is that ALL JW's are capable of killing. The fact that some people in any population are capable of extreme behavior is hardly worth noting.

Ranchette said: "it exposes the way witnesses think"

No Ranchette it exposes the way YOU think.

Can't you see the real problem here? I presume Maximus got an anonymous e-mail. If I am wrong let him correct me. Maximus refers to this E-Mail as from "one of the organizations faithful servants."
    How does he know who wrote that E-Mail? Does saying that you are going to pray that a person dies in an airplane accident or fire mean that they are going to sabbotage some flight Maximus takes in the future or perhaps committ arson on his home?

If you are combating irrationality you had better make sure you are on guard over your own irrational tendencies.

Did I see a post in this thread about some JW conducting the Watchtower and taking special pride in being a "glorious one". Did the writer of that post make a comment that indicated their delight in the irony of that persons not-so-glorious death from cancer? Was that post from our beloved Gladiator? Must have been deleted. Good for him.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

that email exposes exactly the way JWs think. So sad that it reflects badly on all you delusional cultists... it's just so typical of JW apologists to try to distance themselves from the fruits of that mindset when it becomes publicly embarrassing!

I recall that quite recently there was some speculation on the board as to how long it would take before JWs began bandying the term 'Jezebel' in regards to Barbara; as we see, it took no time at all for the slandering to start.

Out of the abundance of the filthy heart, the mouth speaks. Yes Proplog it IS embarrassing for you, but couldn't you take it with a little grace instead of whinging so unattractively when your fellow cultists' murderous intentions are exposed?

• Seeker
    Seeker

Proplog2,

I didn't see any condemnation of "ALL" JWs, just a suggestion that this is "typical" of JWs. In my opinion, that is accurate. I've known many, many JWs who routinely attack those who leave or who say negative things about their beloved organization. Does this mean that ALL JWs will express murderous hatred? Of course not. There are too many individual personalities involved. However, it is fair to say this attitude is TYPICAL of the loyal JW who has been carefully trained by the organization to "intensely hate what is bad."

• Maximus
    Maximus

: Was that post from our beloved Gladiator?

It certainly was not; I think anyone who reads my posts or knows me, knows better.

As to that author you mention, I think he's suffered great pain.

Max

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Proplog2,

While I understand the premise of your mail and do agree that information needs to be triple checked before it reaches this forum, I am astonished at this comment that you make :

Does saying that you are going to pray that a person dies in an airplane accident or fire mean that they are going to sabbotage some flight Maximus takes in the future or perhaps committ arson on his home?

It might not, but then again it might! That is why there are laws against uttering or implying such threats. The desire expressed in the mail to Maximus, regardless of who may have written it, is threatening in its implication and as such to be repudiated.

The point that many members of this Board are trying to make is that it is not beyond the realms of imagination that a JW could have written this note, and it is not not beyond the realm of possibility that given the opportunity to harm Maximus physically, this same person may in a religious fervor, do exactly that.

HS

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Alan,

most any woman who has been married to a Bethel heavy -- most any woman in Bethel for any length of time, for that matter -- knows where a lot of skeletons are buried. If things go the way I hope, a number of Bethel women will start telling what they know. If that happens, what you've seen so far will seem trivial. - AlanF

Interesting point. Many brothers (and some sisters) complain about "elderettes". And many complain about the elders' wives knowing more about a situation than the elders do.

An elder friend of mine complained that most sisters and teenagers know more of what's going on in a KH than the whole BOE does - and I agreed with him. I was telling him what one girl said about her experience of running away, and he looked at me saying "I'm one of the elders on her committee (fornication) and she never even told us that. And it's all over the congregation?" He meant the women, btw.

Seeing that a woman has thousands of chances to poison her husband in her lifetime, it's a wonder that men don't treat their wives better. Author Unknown

Lot of truth to that. In an organization run by men - if you can shake the women loose to talk without fear of total reprisal? Who cleans the closet with the skeletons in it? Who organizes and catalogs all the skeleton parts? Men? Naaaaa, too mundane. That's what women were made for.

I wish you well in your efforts. JW women have been trained well - but our children are still precious to us, and that bond isn't one to be discounted. I believe a lot of mothers would kill to protect their children, especially if they feel that they've been lied to. And a jw person (primarily women/girls) who's been raped/molested many times has received no help, just cautioned never to speak about it.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. - Shakespeare

waiting

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sorry Maximus:

When I went back to look for that post I couldn't find it but vaguely associated it with the Gladiator Picture. Does someone else use that picture too? From now on I guess I'll have to ignore the pictures. As, I have found out, some guys put pictures of women for their Icon. Just goes to show the effects of suggestability are insidious and we all have need to practice the language of sanity even though the black box is pretty scambled.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Mommy Dark:

Do you think that repeating the semantic errors of others is some kind of rebuttal? To me it shows you have no desire to argue in good faith.

• sf
    sf

"anyway when i found out that the sisters do all the GRUNT WORK- researching and pouring over tons of pages to read thru- a sister may go out and reasearch 300 pages and then some "Heavy" would use just 2 lines that had only 18 words in it- she had spent the last 2weeks reading up on all this stuff only for it to be reduced down to the bare bone-..."

I ponder on who Might be "TheGrunts" here, with Us, now..."GATHERING UP".

sKally

• proplog2
    proplog2

Seeker:

It is polite to use qualifiers when criticizing a group of people. Without qualifiers you assume that a group is being described as a "class". So if you say JW's are a certain way the implication without qualifiers is ALL of those "classifed" as JW's are the same.
    If you say "some Jehovah's Witnesses", you are on safer ground. If you say "many Jehovah's Witnesses", "most Jehovah's Witnesses" then you have the further obligation to present evidence that would show to a reasonable degree that your statement conforms to reality.

You have to be careful with the word "typical". Your opinion about what is "typical" may or not conform to reality. An opinion is not a fact. That's why comments by Alan and others that leap to generalizations tells us that they are vindictive or just careless in their habits of speech. If they are just careless than a simple acknowledgement ("sorry") will keep the lines of communication open. If they are indeed vindictive, mean-spirited (like the Watchtower often IS) than they will do as the Watchtower does and simply ignore my statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit