Food at Proper Time:Insider's Insight from Barbara

by Maximus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

... and forgive me for another stupid question,

but how exactly does a woman get into a position to know all these things given the way this organization treats women?

I love it that a woman has had such a role in exposing them. I mean, how ironic is that?

Path

• JT
    JT

pathof horns asks

but how exactly does a woman get into a position to know all these things given the way this organization treats women?

@@@@@@@@@

excellent question, when i was at bethel many of guys wondered the same thing some of you may remember little old sister Hannan- the little white sister who worked was a "Proofreader" she would see this stuff before it hit the presses and we used to ask why do they have sisters down there in Writing- hey that could be a slot for us- smile

anyway when i found out that the sisters do all the GRUNT WORK- researching and pouring over tons of pages to read thru- a sister may go out and reasearch 300 pages and then some "Heavy" would use just 2 lines that had only 18 words in it- she had spent the last 2weeks reading up on all this stuff only for it to be reduced down to the bare bone-

as always it's the women in the org who get the shaft work and no reconition- can you imagine them giving credit to a women for discovering that they had a Greek word wrong for the last 34yrs

smile

james

• Maximus
    Maximus

Path,

Barbara has in effect told you how she got there. She was selected for her loyalty and long-time service, yes. She was a good little girl <cough> who would do what she was told and keep her mouth shut. IMNSHO she is a unique combination of head and heart. They overlooked that.

Both head and heart were affected in that position. Can you spell cognitive dissonance?

She learned more than both she and they had bargained for.

Maximus
    No stomach for reviewing that Nethinim thing again. It's simply a strained analogy that proved to be more embarassing than apt. Are there assistants? Of course. What's stupid was to trot out that hewers of wood and drawers of water nonsense as having application in this way, thrilling new light.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Of course they're all crackpots, Sam! That's why it's so funny when one crackpot calls another crackpot a crackpot.

You're absolutely right, Maximus. JW leaders have had one-way conversations with God -- the wrong way around.

Pathofthorns, most any woman who has been married to a Bethel heavy -- most any woman in Bethel for any length of time, for that matter -- knows where a lot of skeletons are buried. If things go the way I hope, a number of Bethel women will start telling what they know. If that happens, what you've seen so far will seem trivial.

AlanF

• Room 215
    Room 215

Bravissimi Massimo and Barb!
    Words fail me in my attempt to express my gratitude and admiration for all you've done and are about to do. It's one thing to have been advantaged with access to the inner workings of the Society at the policy --making and creative level (having once had full run of the Bethel Home in the course of mny daily duties, I had an ant's eye view of much of this); quite another to be able to recount all you saw and heard so articulately without recourse to hyperbole.
    And most of all, the courage to take a deep breath, swallow hard and step forward with the disclosure.
    Re the ``Nethinim'' debacle, I always thought the smartest, most pragmatic way out of the dilemma of the transition in management to the `Other Sheep'' would be the simple expedient of throwing open the door to Memorial partaking to all the baptised. It's a ``piece of cake '' to defend scripturally. Simply say, ``we all partake of the Rock Mass, and where we end up in God's universe is up to him -- sort of lke a Missionary assignment.''
    A lot of ``Bang for the Buck'' here, since it deals with the dilemma of explaining away why the number of partakers is stuck at 8,000 or so, perserves the teaching that some of the remnant will be around to survive Armageddon, and unifies the organization into a coherent whole.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Bravissimi Massimo and Barb!
    Words fail me in my attempt to express my gratitude and admiration for all you've done and are about to do. It's one thing to have been advantaged with access to the inner workings of the Society at the policy --making and creative level (having once had full run of the Bethel Home in the course of mny daily duties, I had an ant's eye view of much of this); quite another to be able to recount all you saw and heard so articulately without recourse to hyperbole.
    And most of all, the courage to take a deep breath, swallow hard and step forward with the disclosure.
    Re the ``Nethinim'' debacle, I always thought the smartest, most pragmatic way out of the dilemma of the transition in management to the `Other Sheep'' would be the simple expedient of throwing open the door to Memorial partaking to all the baptised. It's a ``piece of cake '' to defend scripturally. Simply say, ``we all partake of the Rock Mass, and where we end up in God's universe is up to him -- sort of lke a Missionary assignment.''
    A lot of ``Bang for the Buck'' here, since it deals with the dilemma of explaining away why the number of partakers is stuck at 8,000 or so, perserves the teaching that some of the remnant will be around to survive Armageddon, and unifies the organization into a coherent whole.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Barb, Max, fellow posters...
    So sorry about the``spam.'' Inadvertent.....

• Room 215
    Room 215

Barb and Max,
    One last post, I promise: the self-important `gentleman'' on the writing staff sounds more than a little like Gene Smalley. Certainly not Ciro Aulicino, who I had pegged as a ``closet liberal.''

• Maximus
    Maximus

Really a world-class expert in blood, right?

Can you imagine the Governing Body having to lean on this weak reed?

: without recourse to hyperbole

Funny, isn't it? The flat truth itself tells the story.

You do present a good possibility as a way out. Preservationists are tinkering with lots and lots of ways to do what they have to do, while hardliners have their arms folded, screaming for more control ...

Warmly,
    Maximus, who appreciates our unique Bethel bond

• bj
    bj

Barbara and Maximus, from the bottom of my heart thank you very much for INSIGHT ON THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY. Maximus, I wonder what the author of HAPPINESS HOW TO FIND IT is saying?

Joe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit