I want a refund . . .

by cruzanheart 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ewwwwww!!!!! (The idea of having ANYTHING with that old music conductor!)

Nina

• xjwms
    xjwms

This is really funny

I say lets all invoice the wt and see who gets paid.

I still think you should get the 10K unless your dad signed papers.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Knowing Dad, he probably did sign it away. I couldn't find anything in writing in his personal effects after he died, though.

Nina

• acadian
    acadian

Morning Cruzanheart,

Sounds like a Class action suit.

The nice thing about the WTS inc. and it's subsidiaries, they keep records, like field service records showing the time you put in.

So if we all get together, we could file a claim for disception and fraud.

As Jw's we were expected to live a certain way according to WT doctrine.
    But it's been discovered that the WTS inc. has double standards.

Look where our contributions went...

The Watchtower’s Investments in Warfare Technology

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Inc. (WT) portrays itself as a pacifist, neutral, non-profit religious organization and a "direct channel to God". As a sign of respect to God, Watchtower’s members – the Jehovah’s Witnesses – can not take part in any political, governmental nor military organization and can not perform business transactions with such institutions. Under some bizarre prophetic speculation, the WT teaches its members that the United Nations is the embodiment of "The Beast" spoken of in the Bible's book of Revelation and that Earth is "Satan’s Kingdom". They claim the only safe group to be, grow and reach salvation is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. The WT demands its members high moral, social and "Christian" standards while condemning immorality and materialism:

"We laud Jehovah as the Universal Sovereign, 'dwell' in him as our Source of security, and declare the good news of his Kingdom". (Matthew 24:14) Therefore, 'no calamity will befall us'....Anointed Christians s they are called are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. (1 Peter2:11) Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly as the witnesses teach, they are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion and worship of 'the wild beast', the United Nations.-Revelation 9:20,21; 13:1-18.....Angels have been given power to protect us. They guard us 'in all our ways.' The witnesses say they enjoy angelic guardianship as Kingdom proclaimers and do not stumble spiritually."
    The Watchtower 2001/11/15

Questioning the doctrine or breaking any of its rules is often severely punished by disfellowshiping (expulsion),
    which means this person must be shunned and ostracized by his/her own relatives and friends

We were defrauded and decieved...

Acadian

• daystar
    daystar

nina

I was getting a chuckle thinking of what the consequences would be if each of us exes wrote a demand letter to the Society asking for restitution and simultaneously sending a copy of the letter to the New York Times and/or one of the networks.

Hmm, actually not a bad idea. Any of you activists out there care to check into this?

Even if we really don't expect much to come of it regarding any sort of restitution, it certainly would direct a spotlight.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I believe in the article on blood that was just published in Church & State, there was mention that the Society could be sued under the tort of misrepresentation. If they misrepresented how our contributions would be used, is that a basis for a lawsuit?

Hey, stillconcerned, what sayest thou? Any other lawyers out there want to give a legal opinion?

Nina

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Not to change the subject too much, but I do recall a conductor on the stage during the songs at the circuit assemblies when I was a kid. It didnt make sense to me even then. I had no idea what the random hand waving was about and I was pretty sure that no one else did either.

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

I'm a fourth year law student in Australia.

I have been thinking about this for some time in respect of my time spent serving and donations given to another cult - Vipassana meditation as taught by Mr S N Goenka.

If a gift is not freely given, then it can be recovered by way of legal action claiming undue influence. I should think that would be pretty easy to prove. If you leave you'll go to hell and be shunned to boot. So you stay. If you stay you feel obligated to give the money. So it's not freely given. As for the "ministry", well that is obligated also by the WTS for a JW, so it is work for the society, again not freely given. A class action quantum meruit claim would probably sink the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society completely.

If a child is born in the [present] "truth" they don't exactly have a choice in the matter - are they to live in "the world" - having as their father satan the father of the "lie"?????? Where is the free will in that?

I consider that it would have to be something like the class actions against Dow Corning or James Hardie - I'm sure it would have good prospects of success and the idea should be raised with the lawyers acting already in child abuse cases.

In actual fact if any family members of JW's who have died and given all of their estates to the WTS want to recover as well they should also consider joining such a class action as gifts in a will are subject to the same legal principles.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Interesting ideas!

Nina

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

I've often thought that it would be a good start and doesn't require us to bring up and prove all of the psychological damage that we've suffered as we would in a personal psychological injury action. But that's another side of it too. Psychological injury due to indoctrination - psychological trespass. Misrepresentation causing damage.

A quantum meruit action and an action for recovery of gifts obtained through undue influence might open up people's eyes and would be the easiest place to start and hit them where it hurts, in the bank balance of "Jehovah's Organisation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit