I want a refund . . .

by cruzanheart 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I was getting a chuckle thinking of what the consequences would be if each of us exes wrote a demand letter to the Society asking for restitution and simultaneously sending a copy of the letter to the New York Times and/or one of the networks.

Nina

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

How about all those Sundays you played the piano at the Arlington congregation? Isn't that worth something? And all those great comments you used to make...charge them per sentence...you'd be living in Mark Cuban's house by now!

• hubert
    hubert

Nina, Will you take an I.O.U.???

I'll call and get you one.

Hubert

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I should get paid just for putting up with that conductor!!! Usually I ignored him. Didn't serve a useful purpose -- he just felt important standing on the stage waving that stupid baton around.

Nina

• Sassy
    Sassy

how about a refund for the fact many of us didn't get to a full college, so our careers pay us so much less than if we hadn't been held under their rules..

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I want to be paid for the 13 years of regular pioneer service that I wasted on that organization. Let's see, at roughly 100 hours a month (that's what the requirement was back then), 1200 hours a year times 13 + 15,600. Hmmm, okay, I'll take minimum wage for it -- isn't that $6.50 an hour now? Well, that's $101,400. Plus the $10,000 I should have inherited from Dad, that's $111,400.

You started pioneering in 1973. What's the current interest rate?

Compound that annually beginning in '73 and we could have a pool for everyone to swim in come crawfish time.

• hijack
    hijack

cruzanheart

don't worry about it. There some spectacular fire works that god has planned when the gb and all it's property(hey that ryhmes) are thrown into the lake that burns with fire and sulphure

• hijack
    hijack

cruzan heart

did you have premarital sex with him. Not that Im prying, I mean this would not be the place for it

Well did you. ?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Actually, I don`t think that`s a bad idea. The thing is: The WTS are, and have always been, hiding their past from their members! You were always told to "stay away from apostates" (who were in posession of this "dangerous" information), you were told in the Watchtower that "for years preceding 1914, Jehovahs people had pointed to the significance of the year 1914" (not revealing, of course, that they then believed that it was Armageddon that was going to come in 1914, not Christs "invisible presence"), etc. They are lying to their members, and they were lying back when you were a pioneer. And if a company lies to its members, about their past, that is grounds for a lawsuit, I would think. I think a lot of ex-JWs, who wasted thousands of hours on free work, pluss gave the WTS tons of money, should sue them to get the money back. If nothing else, it would create a lot of publicity, and bring a lot of the Societys secrets out into the newspapers.

Hm...any extremely wealthy ex-JWs here, or lawyers?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    cruzan heart

did you have premarital sex with him. Not that Im prying, I mean this would not be the place for it

Well did you. ?

Which "him"? Are you wanting details? The visual of that old conductor alone makes me laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit