Did the elders contact you 1 year after being DF'd?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Elders are supposed to meet everyone once a year, either DF'd ones or inactive, just to try to bring them back.

In my case, they usually try right before the memorial. How about you?

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

They never contacted me when I was DA'd.... so I don't know

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm on public reproof.. just heard from them on CO visits for their paper work till i looked in the phone book and gave the last elder that called a local KH address. they must have sent it cuz i've heard nothing in a year and a half.. and heard nothing from any kh here. hope it stays that way.. my pub. card in limbo sounds ok to me.

• JH
    JH

I was just wondering if they do what they say they should do....

• aniron
    aniron

I stopped attending meeting in November 1999. I didn't get any calls or visits. When the Memorial came round the following year I though they be in touch. Nothing, not even a memorial invitation put through the door. It was not until September 2001 before anyone called round.That was because they where have a campaign to get inactive ones back because of falling numbers. Itmade me mad that all they were concerned about was numbers not me personally on why I had not been to a meeting for two years. Also that one of the elders who called on me only lived a 5 minute walk from my home, he was even my book study group leader as well. . Yet in two years he couldn't be bother to come and see me. So much for "shepherding" calls. Thats why I DA'd.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I stopped going to meetings about a year and a half ago. No visits or calls to date. Thats fine with me. Out of site out of mind.

They usually wont call or visit someone they think is a waste of time. I guess I'm just a Waste.

• JH
    JH

So, the elders don't do what they say they are supposed to do. I remember on the Elder video, that was posted here last week, the elder said on that video clip that they visit df'd ones once a year.

More lies.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I'm not sure, but I think that the only exception is for the heinous crime of apostasy. They won't visit us then!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DAed over four years ago and haven't seen sight nor hair of them since

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

No. It was 10 or 11 years later. I said I do have a few questions, actually. But he quickly brushed that off and said they just wanted to see if I want to come back to meetings and, if so, I'm welcome at the KH.

Come late, leave early, keep my mouth shut, don't make eye contact, be ignored, sit in the back, and listen to the mind-numbing repetition. Sounds like a good time. Sign me up! At least I would be in good company--Christ gets ignored there all the time

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit