How DARE he?! This is why I'm still Single!!!

by stillAwitness 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Have you ever seen that movie How To Lose a Guy In Ten Days? Think of the scene with her poodle or cat or whatever it was. ;-)

No, haven't seen it actually..are you calling me High Maintenance sir?

Take him out in service next Saturday.

LOL!

BUT then again, its probably that this particular guy doesnt have the maturity to understand something as complex as this.

But he's 10 years older than me! Sheesh! Do you men ever grow up??!!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    What's controlling you, emotions or reason?

Both, perhaps.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was just teasing. Now I'll tell you what I really think. I think most guys will be supporting if you're clear about what's important to you. From what you say, you yelled at him for saying something he didn't attach meaning to. Do you think that is unsupportive, or a lack of communication? Also, he will need you to understand his perspective as much as you need him to understand yours. Seeing how he views things will take as much effort as him seeing how you view things. Remember, it's a two-way street. He's probably feeling pretty bad right now. Now, if he doesn't give a )))), then that's a different story.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Stilla, it bothers me that he was insensitive to something that's important to you. Would this be a pattern for him, to treat you this way as time went on? The JW issues are something you need understanding and compassion with, and he doesn't understand. Do you really need this?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Damn, it John Doe you just may be on to something. I was hoping I could justify my reasons for telling him he could go "screw himself"

Perhaps, I must look at it at his perspective too. He did insist that I sit down and explain it to him so that he could understand but I was so angry that I just refused.

Arghhh!!! Must I always be the "angry black woman?!"

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Hey, you know Virgo Chick is right! I mean, he laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world when he was watching that D'F video even after I explained the true meaning behind such a punishment.

The way I see it he is history.

• John Doe
    John Doe

If you really feel that way, then it's probably best. Just remember, sometimes us guys need a little help. ;-)

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, ya know, Stilla...that video wasn't funny to YOU! I think he was disrespectful.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    But he's 10 years older than me! Sheesh! Do you men ever grow up??!!

In a word...

NO.

Nope, men don't grow up, they hit 18 and stay that way forever. Only their bodies get older, that's all.

Not to offend the guys out there, because I'm sure there are a lot of mature, sensible, caring men out there, but in my experience and from what I've seen, men don't really "grow up", at least not in the same way that girls do. Most guys my age are like children, and my boyfriend, who's 8 years older than I am, is no better than they are.

I guess it just all depends on the guy.

-Becka :)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Aren't women always wanting to be younger? What's the problem in not growing up? ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit