Sneak attacks continue it's starting to piss me off

by justice for all 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• dvw
    dvw

they cant df. you for ignoring them....YET. i wouldnt be surprised if some "new light" falls out of their pants and they will say that an inactive one has effectively turned his back on jgod, bye bye.

dvw, of the nothing fell out of my pants class.

• JeffT
    JeffT

We threatened them with a lawyer when we DA'd. Never heard from them again. I don't know your situation, if you are just trying to fade you don't want to rock the boat too much. But if that is not the case, call local TV stations until you find one that is interested. Some film of the elders checking up on you would make an interesting show. Or call the police, what they are doing is illegal in a lot of places, certainly you could get a restraining order - that in itself could be fun, if they are ordered to stay say half a mile from your house you'll make a lot of your neighbors happy too.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Get a restraining order on each of the elders that are harassing you..its extreme but it would work.

God Bless America

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oh come on. Are you suggesting for a person to imply they're still interested, then video tape the attempts to get that person back? That's dishonest. Many complain that the elders didn't give them enough attention. If you aren't interested, just tell them so. They'll stop. If people would grow a backbone and do what they mean and mean what they say, this bs wouldn't happen. For you all who were active witnesses, how did you respond when you thought someone was interested and needed your help? Was this not the most encouraging behavior they could have given you? How would you have felt if you found out you were being played for a sap and made fun of because you believed what someone told you and you were trying to help them?

• Golf
    Golf

As one poster put it, "Get it done with," I agree. Since its only three months expect the expected, questions and visitations.

Mind you, I don't know your circumstances, so YOU be the judge of YOUR situation.

Golf

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

oh lord ive been there and done that. i moved away from a local cong in the middle of my serious doubts. at that time i was doing the "wait on jehovah" thing and hopeing that my doubts would some how be answered. yeah right.......... go figure. how can you be part of the un and all that. finally my doubts were answered in the...... get the hell outta her way. regardless i was living in another town among people i had worked with and who knew me well. i gave assembly parts with them, built kingdom halls with ect. i went to a few meetings intermitedly trying to some how come to terms with their crazy asses. very few spoke to me, and no one reached out to say hey lets do this or that. only one family was even remotely interested and we had been friends for over ten years. they still didnt go super out of their way for me. i think i knew then that i didnt want them to come around anyway tho because i never gave them either my number or my address. so fast forward a year later, of maybe 3 times at the hall from the damn guilt trips. my father(elder, po, in charge of _______ at district convention) tried to get them to come and ENCOURAGE me (force my by constant irriating visits and phone calls ect) to go back to the hall with them. can you say HELL NO. now i am at the point of knowing that there is nothing in that org for me, but with no idea what i should do instead. well they came by every saturday morning, but that wasnt all. i couldnt go to my door without checking to see if it was them. i disconnected my doorbell so i wouldnt have to listen to there shit or be bothered with checking. everyone who i wanted to visit me always called in advance so i didnt have to worry about the doorbell not working. dad gave out my numbers then i had to put up with the constant calling. i thank god that they didnt do this a year previous because somehow i might have bought there bull sh*& and went back in untill i couldnt stand it again. i saved the numbers they called from and quit answering calls that i didnt know. one time i was expecting family and when the door was knocked on and i looked out the peep hole was covered by a hand. figured it was my fam............. damnit got caught. invited to hall, given latest rags(which promptly were destroyed........ hey they were back issues...... that mean tolit paper?) said no, was getting ready for work tomorrow ect ect. now my problem lasted untill i said hell with it and moved outta state, not a solution for just anyone. my situation was family in borg who it will take a honest to god miracle to move heaven and earth to get them to leave. i dont want to lose family(who does) so i fade like a bastard and im good. my folks know i go to church because i dont use JEHOVAH every time i talk about god and i speak of jesus and having the favor of god bringing good things into my life..... something no dub can understand. but my family are to affraid to ask me so i let them think im just inactive. i personally dont feel i need to abide by the borgs rules so i refuse to write a DA letter....... screw them and all. i know that eventually it will probably come to a head and ill at least have to confront my fam but when it comes it comes. so i know where your comeing from. i guess the best thing i have to say is evaluate your situation. do you have family still in the borg? what kinda relationship do you want to keep with them. if you have no fam in borg then tell them straight up or do what was mentioned about the freeminds stickers. if you have your own reasons for fadeing like i did then you gotta do what you gotta do. i felt that even talking to t hem was a waste of my time so i didnt bother. i know that god will help you outta this situation or at the very least will see you through it.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

primitivegenius-

I wish I had thought of disconnecting the doorbell. Good one! I had a newborn, a 2 yr. old, and a 3 yr. old when I was going through this, and they were constantly waking up one of the kids. I was a basket case! My golden rule is to never wake up a sleeping baby, especially when I've been up all night with her, and then the Witnesses would come and lay on the doorbell. I did put a "Do Not Ring Doorbell" sign up, but then they would do what I call power knocking. If I didn't keep the door locked, they would have just walked right in. So....I kept everything locked up tight. That did take the wind out of their sails, but many times they would still turn the doorknob to see if it was locked. Talk about gutsy!

I, too, always checked to see who was at my door before I answered. Alot of times the kids would ruin that plan by running to the window so they could be seen. Oh well.

Some days they would come over 2 times in the same day! That would really make me made, because I figured after the first time it was safe to go outside.

Now, after a few years, I kick myself for giving them so much power.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Blondie is in a gated community and has call display.

You could lay a civil harrassment restraining order on them, but I would do that AFTER you tell them they are bothering you too much, you just need some time alone to sort things out. If they blatantly disregard your wishes, lay the order. Do you have the names of WHO is stalking you? Name them specifically in the order.

http://www.sdcourt.ca.gov/portal/page?_pageid=53,130005&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is nothing they can do to d'f you if you simply stopped associating with them, and you can carry on refusing to contribute anything to their org without having any trouble, eventually they will tire of chasing you and give up.

• rebel8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit