Sneak attacks continue it's starting to piss me off

by justice for all 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• justice for all
    justice for all

Here I am three months out and they still wont leave me alone. They came by three times last week. I dont know how many the week before and the week before that . I'm just now starting to count because it's getting so ridiculous.They saw me driving down the street and I kept going. After that I got a call on my cell from an elder inviting me back. I kept the call pleasant and said I would be back soon ''I LIED''. I said I was taking care of some personal business. Now one week later I see them again on my street as I'm leaving my house. A car full ,all looking at me.I kept driving.Then 2 hours later I get another phone call from another elder. I missed the call and he left a nice message that he would like to get together and give me my kingdom ministry and some mags and maybe some spiritual food.This is really pissing me off and making it so I'm constantly checking out my windows. I feel my privacy is being invaded and I'm now being harrassed. Can you help me know what to do? Are they going to start getting even more aggressive? Can they disfellowship me for ignoring them? I thought this was a free country. Please help! Justice for all

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I dont think as long as they don't see you doing anything terrible in "Jehovah's eyes" that you will be ok. Just tell them that you wnat to be left alone for a while to get your stuff together.

• Nina
    Nina

California has a stalking law. Call the non-emergency number for the police in your area and enlist their help.

Nina

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Wow, I really feel for you. I had the same problem-I was literally stalked, couldn't take the kids outside for a walk, etc. for a whole year. I swear they were just waiting around the corner for me to open the blinds in the morning. I was incredibly stressed, and then very angry. I was literally a prisoner in my own house.

I had the phone problem, too, but I never answered. Enough was enough.

We ended up having to put a No Trespassing sign on our house. I hate it, but it is effective. They know they are supposed to honor that. A No Soliciting sign will not work, as they reason that they are not selling anything.

They still kept driving around the block, but it stopped them from bothering me at the door constantly.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Another thing-when we found out the whole religion was a lie, I put a bumper sticker from FreeMinds.org on my mailbox. Since it says STOP WATCHTOWER ABUSE they keep as far away from that as possible! LOL

Of course, only do that if you are ready to be DF, (as we were), because that lil' ole' apostate sticker is gonna bring trouble!!!!

• KW13
    KW13

Pretend your depressed

Clearly its not what you need, if possible leave the Org and write a nice letter to the elders. Get it done with!

• Cellist
    Cellist

We went through the same thing when we faded. I can't remember how long it took, but they did finally back off. I'd say it should start levelling off for you in a few months.

We went through the whole scenario all over again after we moved. Thanks to family.

Hang in there! It won't last forever.

Cellist

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You have to be firm with them and tell them in a firm but polite manner that you are not interested and that you wish they would no longer contact you regarding biblical, religious or spiritual matters.

• ringo5
    ringo5

I guess they love you more than me, I'm actually disappointed they haven't hunted me down...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I had the same problem for approximately 2 years when I unsuccessfully tried to fade. I worked with a husband/MS and wife/Pioneer but only saw them about once or twice a month. They were always 'encouraging' me to come back to the meetings. Depression and fibromyalgia were very real for me and I used them effectively. When a JW finds out you are depressed from a medical condition they usually disappear. I think it may be that they are afraid you need some assistance and offering Wacktowers and 'encouraging' people back to the mind-numbing meetings is all they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit