Scary JW Thinking About the Benefits of Bird Flu

by Severus 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

It's thinking like this that has the world in as much trouble as it is in today. I remember when my first marriage ended I got so depressed I figured God would never forgive me for the sins I had committed, I attemped sucide because I reasoned that all sins are forgiven when we die! Wow, I'm glad I'm free of that kind of crazy thinking!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    LOL@ Finnaly-Free .. sorry ... good cocky ..what do you think cocky?

Could this be the anti-typical fulfillment of the birds gathering together for the great feast day of Jehovah?

I've had this bird for a year and so far I haven't caught the avian flue, nor has he shown any hostility toward me even though I am a rabid apostate™. He hasn't tried to pluck out my eyes yet, but he has shown a tendency to take bites out of my peanut butter sandwiches if I'm eating while he's on my shoulder. If I catch the avian flu and he tries to eat my face I'll start a thread to that effect so you can all be warned that armageddon is near. I'm sure my predictions can't be any more unreliable than those of the watchtower. W

• M.J.
    M.J.

Anyone read that recent Awake! or WT mag about the impending bird flu pandemic?

I haven't, but perhaps this person came up with these thoughts after reading it.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Do they ever stop to think that they might be among the millons of dead, from the bird flu?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

How warped can you get? To think that the wiping out of millions would be "a good thing" - I am so thankful to be away from those people.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

If all the birds died of flu, who would eat the wicked corpses after armageddon? Maybe the JWs are the figurative vultures of Revelation.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

"This bird flu will be the next major pestilence. Even if it wipes out millions, that would be a good thing because Jehovah will be able to resurrect them. If they survived a few more years until the day of judgment they would be destroyed without the resurrection hope."

Sick. To the rest of the world, that is a sick, sick thought. But in JW-land, this is not so uncommon. This is how I see it: Whoever said this, might not have been a nice person, even if she was deprogrammed. But: she might have been "normal" and not sick! The WTS is making people mentally ill with their pessimistic worldview, their extreme paranoia. "It`s us against the world". They are making people ill.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw73.html

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/mental.html

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

Sick. It just shows the twisted thinking of many jw's. Would a true Christian would think it is good that millions of people have died?

It reminds me of the happy coments about how the ends is near, and certainly we are living in the last days, when some major disaster happens. What kind of person is happy when they hear of death and suffering?

• purplesofa
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    I heard this from a pioneer recently. She said: "This bird flu will be the next major pestilence. Even if it wipes out millions, that would be a good thing because Jehovah will be able to resurrect them. If they survived a few more years until the day of judgment they would be destroyed without the resurrection hope."

That pioneer has never really scrutinised the following scripture without the Watchtower spin doctors medicating her deceived mind:

Heb 9:27-28 And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment— so also the Messiah , having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit