Hi

by OpenFireGlass 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Hello everyone! Finally have the time to type more than a sentance....

My name is, Mike Warren... That's my real age in my profile...& yes that's my real pic

Though I was never baptized, I was raised in the silly religion... my parents started their study in early 1974 (at least i got 1birthday &1 christmas, not that i remember...) Mom was baptized in less than a year after she started her study... It took my father about 7-8 more years to give up smoking, but he still made all the meetings & ruled with a leather belt.

I also have a younger sister that has faded (she got baptized). She's funny... she'll talk all kinds-a-crap about how she doesen't like the JW lifestyle, but thinks i'm over the edge for surfing "apostate" websites.(i've been lurking for about 3-5 years).

Anyway, I attended The Essex (baltimre) Maryland cong. till I was about 14 years old, Then we move to Winchester Virginia for a couple years where we attended the Winchester cong. before moving back to Baltimore...

I was kicked out of my house just before I turned 17 after our return to Baltimore; which pretty much brought me to my full senses about something not being right...

Now I reside in Eureka California with my 2 kids & wife( not married on paper, But I ain't going anywhere)

Yes I left out all the juice, but I'm open to a game of 20 Questions.....

BTW, I love this place

THANKS,Mike

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the twenty questions........

Question 1: Why did they kick you out of your house? Where did you go? (I left home at 18, and it was not easy.)

-Lisa

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

An official welcome

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Oh and question 2: What does your name mean? Are you a glass artist?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Welcome OpenFireGlass

I can so relate to your sister who faded still finding that looking at 'apostate' material to be over the top. It baffles me actually when I have friends who are of the same mind set.

Anyway I think its great that you introduced yourself. I look forward to hear more from you. You sound pretty balanced despite a lost childhood.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome! Can't wait to read more about your story!

Sherry

• damselfly
    damselfly
    BTW, I love this place

Me too!

Love the nic, what made you choose it? ( my guess is you are a glassblower? warm or cold? lol )

I left home young as well under less then ideal circumstances, I think it made me a much stronger person then I would have been otherwise.

Dams

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Question 1: ; Why did they kick you out of your house? ; Where did you go?&nbsp

Because I could not do anything to please my parents (I tried), so I finally started hanging out with lot's of worldly freinds, not coming home on meeting nights (more less, I got sick of the physical discipline)... I ended up living with relatives for a little while, then ended up following "The Grateful Dead" around the country till Jerry died. The I had to get a real life....

Yes I'm A glass artist

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

hi mike,

striking avatar.

just makes me wanna alt whip it

• Chimene
    Chimene

Hey Mike! What part of California are you from? I was born and raised in San Diego

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit