waiting for life to begin

by Ms. Whip 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((Ms.Whip)))

I'm just waiting for someone to tap me on the shoulder and say "hey ms. whip, you were daydreaming again" and I'd wake up and realize I hadn't wasted the last 20 years of my life.

You are already tapping yourself on the shoulder, but it seems to me that your message is somewhat different than what you are waiting to hear from someone else.

Your message to yourself seems to be, "Hey ms. whip, you wasted 20 years of your life daydreaming, are you going to do it again?" Life is either something that people make or something that makes people. You don't strike me as an "I let life happen to me" kind of person.

So my question—using your list—would be, at what point do you realize that if you don't change how you interact with the world you will look back 20 years from now and wonder why you are sitting at your computer, typing a note to people you've never met, with no friends, no fulfilling career, and no family? We have already established that others have been able to live life in this world, when will you do that?

I'm not picking on you, BTW. I am at the exact same point in my exit process (except that I am married with no children). I used that exact question with myself and am now taking steps to GET myself a different life—the one I never lived, namely this one.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    I knew I had potential to do so much more

so did i

you can catch up

i just can't run that fast

it's not too late

i hope not

"i dont know how to get from here to there" its like i'm missing some part of me that would propel me into " life"

that's exactly how i feel. it's not about how young or old, or nice or pretty. i am an incomplete puzzle, there is something missing. (and if anyone says a marble or screw, i'll

or maybe i am missing a number of things. love, motivation, confidence, purpose (gag), a controlling religion to make every decision for me?

maybe what i'm really missing is someone to take me to the Dallas Symphony & chase me through the corridors. lol

*edited to add that elsewhere is a cutie lol

• luna2
    luna2
    " uhhhhhhhhhh i dont know how to get from here to there"

its like i'm missing some part of me that would propel me into " life"

Boy, that about sums it up for me too. Got to try to find those missing bits...they've got to be available someplace, right? Maybe ebay.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    or maybe i am missing a number of things. love, motivation, confidence, purpose (gag), a controlling religion to make every decision for me?

Yeah, maybe you`re onto something there. Maybe you`re out of a cocoon (in which life is pretty miserable, but at least there is the "hope" of a bright, perfect future, immortality and happiness and the lion laying down with the lamb blah blah), and now you have to face the real world. Endless opportunities (but also disappointments), freedom (but to do what?), having real relationships with people (not just people that you are obligated to be "friendly", and vice versa, cause you`re a "sister" and so are they), but actually interacting with people, gain friends (real friends), but also loose them. And the list goes on and on...it`s called life. It sucks and it is beatiful. It lifts you up and then throw you to the ground. Welcome to the real world.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Maybe first define, "fulfilling career" & go from there? Good chance you'll make freinds along the way....

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

MsWhip, what if you had waited til you were 45 or 50 to make your exit from it? Talk about a wasted LIFE! You're lucky, cher. You've got your best years ahead of you. Just live it and make the most of it, sweetie. The best is yet to come.

Frannie

• Dune
    Dune

I think you put into words what i've been feeling for the past year or so. You still have alot of time to do everything you've always wanted, you just have to go out and do it. (Easier said then done though i guess).

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I feel you, thats for sure! I was 35 when I left, that was 14 years ago. The bad part is I feel like I don't have any real life skills sometimes. But still I can't complain, life is good more times than not. In fact some days its just plain GREAT! And I wouldn't discount the friends you make here, I think some of the most caring, loving people I have met in years have been in this group. Along with one or two jack-asses, but thats pretty good!

Anyway its not too late, you have the best part of your life yet to come (as someone else pointed out). Best thing to do is make some goals for yourself, not only career-wise but in general. Like, join a gym (good exercise and meet people); or travel to one place you have never been before within x number of months (6 months, a year, 2 years, some defined period); take a class or two at a college and dip your toes into academia, you might find you like it. There are so many things! In all figure out your top 10 things you want to do before its too late, and then DO them!!!

Blessings, chickie, you will do just fine!

Sherry

• prophecor
    prophecor

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine
    Staying home to watch the rain
    And you are young and life is long
    And there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find
    Ten years have got behind you
    No one told you when to run
    You missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter
    Never seem to find the time
    Plans that either come to nought
    Or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desparation is the English way
    The time is gone
    The song is over
    Thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again
    I like to be here when I can
    When I come home cold and tired
    It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells

• atypical
    atypical

Ms. Whip, I really identify with your feelings. I have been feeling very lost and angry about all the time that I wasted. I think it must be such a common thing to go through for xjws. But everyone is giving good advice, and I am going to try and apply it myself.

I was talking to a witness today, a friend of my sisters, and he was telling me how he is so depressed because he is 28 and he doesn't feel like he has accomplished anything. He is out of work and trying to figure out what to do. Any job he is qualified for doesn't pay enough. And he even told me that he regrets that he took everyone's advice "not to go to college". He is so down.

But here is the kicker - He is trying to figure out how to make enough money AND pioneer AND his wife doesn't want to work anymore so she can pioneer with no stress. Plus, he is very active as a witness and only blames himself for his situation.

After I talked to him, I felt very grateful. At least we have the freedom of understanding why we are where we are. That freedom is what will let us move on and do something about it.

Best wishes to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit