waiting for life to begin

by Ms. Whip 27 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was 39 before "things" started to happen for me...

First off... get a listing of local bands playing...find one you like and GO!

Make some friends...and go do something together...ANYTHING!

It'll grow from there...

Note- It was about a year before my new life began...and I have a wife and 3 kids...so be patient...it will come.

u/d(of the name without a face class)

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Maybe first define, "fulfilling career" & go from there? Good chance you'll make freinds along the way....

That advice is so good, I'm going to try it myself.

I empathize Ms. Whip.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Phrophecor: Thank you for the lyrics. They mean more to me now than ever. Like new light.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Phrophecor: Thank you for the lyrics. They mean more to me now than ever. Like new light.

lol @ new light. Phrophecor, thank you for sharing that. no one told me when to run man. *lights up a fatty & rethinks pink floyd*

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Ms.Whip: (and if anyone says a marble or screw, i'll

Promise?

marble or screw, there I said it.

AuldSoul (of the "Glutton for Punishment" class)

• codeblue
    codeblue

Had to give up college scholarships and music scholarships at age 18 to prove I love Jehovah.........

Went thru a 20 year marriage, raised a son that wasn't mine. Had a cheating JW husband the whole 20 years.

Wasted?

Depends on how you look at it: sure I would love to "get a real life" but look at what I have accomplished without the scholarships:

I raised 2 children that are now married and even though they are men, take excellent care of their wives.........

Since exiting a religion I was raised in, I have been an "angel" to a non JW going thru a divorce ( that's the term she gave me for helping her out so much) Who else would nurture another soul when her own soul was needing nurturing after leaving a cult?

So....look in the mirror again........................YOU are important and you can make a difference in somebody's life, which in turn makes a difference for you too!

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

omg

that was a weird correct format thing from above!!!

Sorry about the spaces, I didn't do that when I corrected it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As others have stated you still have plenty of time ahead of you to live the things that you resent so much not having lived because of the WTS. So things and prospects aren't really gloomy at all. Put the JW disappointment down to experience it also has its value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit