Franz and a "New" Witness Organization?

by Nellie 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    Did Ray Franz ever profess to be of the anointed?

All governing body members to date have to be of the anointed. (That is why Hayden Covington stepped down, he wasn't of the anointed)

Ray Franz was a member of the governing body.

Ergo, when he was a JW, Ray Franz professed to be of the anointed.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

While I have no knoweldge or Ray Franz having or not having his own brand of witnesses, this type of rumor falls in line how the society portrays apostates. They are apostates because, according to the WTS, they speak out against the WTS and trying to gain a following of their own. My brief experience thus far with apostates has actually been the opposite. While most have very strong feelings agains the WTS most also want to avoid the type of controlling environment they escaped from. They don't want to have any part of a controlling org., this includes being the head of one themselves. Most opostates show more christian love and christian qualities than your r/f JW.

• KW13
    KW13

From reading his book i think i could tell you about Raymond Franz.

A modest man who is not bitter for the loss of friends and even his children because of the WBT. He doesn't put himself above others and his book is to help people LIKE HIMSELF.

(namely us)

• Gregor
    Gregor

When BR&CI was formed at a small gathering in Alabama in '83, Ray declined to be a part of the Board of Directors. I clearly recall that we understood why. He did NOT want to give any impression he was forming a "Reformed Jehovah's Witnesses" group. This was when Crises of Conscience had only been out a short time and was taking the XJW's and disillusioned JW's by storm. Ray's humble and kind manner is perfectly reflected in both his books. Don't forget, he had left a comfortable, prestigous life as one of the GB, world travel, etc. Now ('81) he was supporting he and his wife with a very humble menial job. He could have ducked the Brooklyn inquisition if he wanted too. If you knew him you knew why he chose the title of his book.

Remember, too, Ray was the man behind the only JW publication many of us have ever held onto, "Aid to Bible Understanding".

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

I was at Bethel when Ray was still there in the seventies. He was truly a nice guy and definitely more approachable than Knorr or Fred Franz or anyone else I meet on the GB with the possible exception of Dan Sidlick who was also very approachable GB'er who pitched for us when we played baseball during our luch hour. I heard Knorr tried to keep Dan out of the GB for a long time. If Ray ever did start a religion I might join I think his would be interesting and fun.

• caligirl
    caligirl

That whole " starting their own group" rumor is pretty standard stuff. Keeps people afraid of the person that left. When my ex brother in law made his exit, they started that same kind of rumor about him.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Remember these are the same people who said they have consistently taught that Christ's presence began in 1914; actually teaching that it was 1874 until 1943.

They're also the same people who promised to give Ray a taped copy of his JC meeting. Lying sacks of sh-t.

• amused
    amused

I thought they dropped the 1874 stuff and changed it to 1914 around 1929. Could you clarify?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm thinking of starting my own religion - the sect of Nicolaou! - (Revelation 2:6)

Anyone want to join me? It's gonna be cool and funky!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit