Franz and a "New" Witness Organization?

by Nellie 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nellie
    Nellie

This strikes me as typical "apostate phobia propaganda" - but a "witness" just told me that Ray Franz started a "new order of Jehovah's witnesses" after he was disfellowshipped.

Is there any truth to this?

• Poztate
    Poztate

NO

• Ticker
    Ticker

Absolutely false. His demeanor is not even close to being one who would want to start his own private following. He comes across actually quite humble and meek, not one who would try to control others actions. If you read one of his books you will discover this right away, try Crisis of Conscience. Its a great read.

I imagine you heard only another countless witness rumor that they love to create after a ones disfellowshipping.

Ticker

• Nellie
    Nellie

I have read Crisis and that's why my knee-jerk reaction was bullsh#%.

However ... it never hurts to ask.

• blondie
    blondie

It is absolutely false that Ray Franz started a new religion or church. I have visited him several times and have yet to see any evidence of that. Just lies and slander from the WTS trying to steer people away from his books.

Remember these are the same people who said they have consistently taught that Christ's presence began in 1914; actually teaching that it was 1874 until 1943.

Blondie

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

nellie,

there is a group that call themselves reform jehovah's wittnesses, there is also a group called the future judgement jehovah's witnesses but i don't think ray franz has anything to do with them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If he had started another religion we would have known it by now as it has been 25 years since he left the JWs.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Ray has never tried to gain "followers" and start his own religion. Read his books, you'll see his desire to help people think outside of religious organizations that eventually only serve themselves.

• anewme
    anewme

I really must get a hold of the CoC book.
    Did Ray Franz ever profess to be of the anointed?
    Just wondering.

There is another discussion going on about Franz this morning. You know, what he went through and the time and contribution he made to the watchtower society and how he was treated, well, just defies the imagination.

• Terry
    Terry

The only JW I have been in close contact with has clearly done what I think almost all curious JW's have done.

He peeked in Crisis of Conscience to find something (anything) that he could use to dismiss the entire book as an apostate fabrication.

Whatever people want to find; they will find.

From that the rest is pure diabolical imagination.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit