Are the demons harassing you?

by Gill 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

I found this particular article in the 'Questions from Readers' section of the April 15th 2006, Watchtower, incredibly shallow and non specific. It did not define what a JW was to consider a 'demon attack' and could well explain why the average JW considers their car breaking down, on their way to FS an out and out attack from Satan and his Deemunz!

The Question was:

If a person is being harassed by the demons, what can he do to get relief?

The answer from the FDS!

'God's word shows that those who are suffering from demon attacks can get free from such harassment. Prayer plays a vital role in such liberation. (Mark 9:25-29) But someone troubled by demons may need to take additional steps. Events involving first century Christians illustrate what else may be required.

Before they became followers of Christ, some individuals in ancient Ephesus were involved with demonism. However, after they made up their mind to serve God, 'those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.' (Acts 19:19) By destroying their books on divination, those new believers in Ephesus set an example for any who wish to free themselves from demon attacks today. It is imperative for such ones to get rid of all objects related to spiritism. This includes books, magazines, movies, material from electronic sources, music recordings that have spiritistic overtones, as well as amulets or other items worn for 'protection' or linked to spiritistice practices.

Some years after those Christians in Ephesus had destroyed their books on magic, the apostle Paul wrote : 'We have a wrestling....against the wicket spirit forces.' (Eph 6:12). Paul urged Christians : 'Put on the complete suit of armor from God that you may be able to stand firm against the machinations (crafty acts, footnote) of the Devil' (Eph 6:11) That advice is still valid. Christians must fortify their spiritual defenses in order to stay out of the reach of wicked spirits. "Above all things," stressed Paul, "take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the wicked one's burning missiles." (Eph 6:16) A person strengthens his faith through Bible study. Hence regular Bible study helps us to develop faith that serves as a bulwark agaianst the influence of wicked spirits. Psalms 91:4.

Those Christians in Ephesus needed to take yet another important step. Paul told them:'With every form of prayer and supplication...carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit." (Eph 6:18) Yes, praying intensely for Jehovah's protection is, indeed, essential for those who want to be set free from demon attacks today. The Bible fittingly says: 'Subject yourselves, therefore, to God: but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

While the one under demon attack should pray fervently for relief, other true Christians may also pray in behalf of the individual who deeply desires to serve Jehovah and who is earnestly trying to resisit wicked forces. They can ask God that the one afflicted by demons might gain the spiritual strength to resis demonic assaults.( EXORCISMS!?)

Since God's word states that 'a righteous man's supplication, when it is at work, has much force,' prayers said by God's servants will certainly benefit afflicted ones who are doing their utmost to 'oppose the Devil.' James 5:16.

In my opinion, the lack of description as to 'what is a demon attack' makes this article even more irritating than it already is. Can you really blame all your recent problems on that sweater you bought from the jumble sale, carboot sale or charity shop, whose owner was possibly a Spiritist?

Total hogwash, mumbo jumbo, and superstition!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No, they're much too busy attacking and persecuting jdubyas.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Isn't that funny? What exactly does a demon attack look like? You know these people seriously need therapy and meds, and the WTS is telling them to pray harder. They just have NEVER gotten the whole mental health thing. What a shame that people look to them for answers and get such drivel.

Sherry

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Isn't that funny? What exactly does a demon attack look like?

Watch the TV-series "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel. Great show. My agnosticism was approaching atheism until I started watching that show...now I`m back to the..."there might be things we can`t see/know about"-state.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well I'm not so sure I'd believe anything from TV, it can all be staged so easily. I mean look at the stuff David Copperfield does, slight of hand and illusion is powerful stuff.

Sherry

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Tell them to call the mental health hotline and decribe the demons attacking them.....then give the address and wait for "help" to arrive.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The demons are harassing the JWs because they want to serve jehovah, but the real christians by now have turned the wheel round and are harassing the demons.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Are the demons harassing you?

No, they stopped as soon as I sent them a letter telling them to stay away from me.

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w87 11/1 p. 7 True Religion Dispels Fear—How? ***

Thousands around the globe [i.e. JWs] who once lived in fear and slavery to superstitious customs can now testify to that. The Devil fled from them! In what way? Remember, the enemy of superstitious fear is knowledge. Says Professor Rudolph Brasch, an expert on the origin of superstitions: "It’s a matter of education—that the more educated people get, the less superstitious they get."

• Mackin
    Mackin

***Watch the TV-series "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel. Great show. My agnosticism was approaching atheism until I started watching that show...now I`m back to the..."there might be things we can`t see/know about"-state.***

You must be gullible in the extreme! It must be true, it was on TV. :-)

Mackin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit