Who did Satan hurt?

by Gill 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

So, who did Satan ever HURT in the Bible?

Apart from the killing of Job's children, which Jehovah 'allowed' him to do in his 'do your worst,' speech to Satan, who did Satan ever physically hurt?

I've been trying to think of an occassion where he physically damaged anyone and can only come across Jehovah, and instructions from Jehovah to have people kill eachother and Jehovah killing people.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Here's another question...Name one time that any demon lied!

• Gill
    Gill

Legolas - I'm having trouble thinking of an occassion for that, also.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

One of my favourite quotes:
    "An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard only one side of the case; God has written all the books." ~ Samuel Butler

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Legolas - I'm having trouble thinking of an occassion for that, also.

I remember thinking of that question when I was still 'in'.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Name one time that any demon lied!

I wish I'd thought of asking that one when I was in, the answer wouls have been interesting, to say the least.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

satan didnt even make his appearance in the bible until Job

• jstalin
    jstalin

Interesting subject. Check out the Satan article on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

The explanation of Satan's behavior in Job as the "prosecuting attorney" is one I haven't heard before. He sounds like a misunderstood guy :)

• Gill
    Gill

The probem I have, is that I can think of masses of atrocities ordered or committed by Jehovah and all sorts of dreadful unjust laws, but Satan.....he comes over as 'a bit of a sweetie' in comparison to Jehovah!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    The probem I have, is that I can think of masses of atrocities ordered or committed by Jehovah and all sorts of dreadful unjust laws, but Satan.....he comes over as 'a bit of a sweetie' in comparison to Jehovah!

So why do you think that is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit