Who did Satan hurt?

by Gill 32 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Gill

You won't be hearing any argument from me.

• Gill
    Gill

Unclebruce! LOL

With a friend like Jehovah, who needs enemies?!

daystar - This 'evil bad ass God, Jehovah' suited the churches, as the average peasant, hadm't the thinking capacity and education to realise that what he was being taught was BS!

• Gill
    Gill

IP_SEC - Very good point! Just think - The Debil is the patron saint of humankind! Wonder what the Jdubs would think of that!?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jehovah's ego

• startingover
    startingover

Gill,

You've been reading Jehovah Unmasked haven't you?

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you want to see it biblically, satan is the root of all evil by the mere fact that he threw mankind into imperfection and alienation from God something that caused unimagined sufffering through the ages.

• startingover
    startingover

Maybe this discussion should be start with a premise so that everyone will be discussing the same thing.

The premise could be this: What the Bible says in the OT is true and actually happened.

Or it could be this: What the Bible says in the OT is just Hebrew mythology.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

stilla,

ya, bang on man.

Satan really ought to cite the parable of the prodigal son if he wants to give Jehovah a big hug and say sorry. Maybe the unpleasantness of Armagedoon can be avoided.

clam,

i would sincerely be very disapointed in satan if he ever did this. even if he did, i still would not myself. even if jesus appeared to all of mankind and started healing sickness and death and answering all our questions, i would still rather be a satanist. and that's because NO GOD can ever give me what satan represents: freedom of mind. the very premise of a God makes freedom of mind awesomely impossible.

gill,

satan invites us to become as gods. to obtain knowledge on our own merits. satan is a sort of hero to me. the first freethinker. almost an atheist. the one who didn't just swallow the load of jehovah jizm that had been given to him upon "creation". the first one who said: "no. i will do as only i can do, and this does not concern you Jehovah, jealous God." the first one to look around and say: "ya, i may not live forever because of this, but i am going to damn well have some fun while i am at it."

this is the satan of my mind. the one that, out of all the xian characters from their mythology, i find comforting. the one who loved himself so much, that he gave the same gift to us by setting the example for us to follow. the liberator that asks for nothing in return.

in short, satan has never hurt anyone. even Job's first family. he put them out of their misery from having to live with such a moron like Job. LOL.

anyone can be a satan if they want. it's the easiest route that any of us can take. satan is the path of least resistance, the path that only YOU can take. it's the bloody abrahamites that tell us that we are not worthy, or strong enough for this path. they tell us what is right and what is wrong, as if these things exist OUTSIDE of ourselves. satan just wants us to be happy, and love ourselves, and be the ape gods we were meant to be.

of all the Gods that died for me in the last year, Satan is probably the one i regret the most. now that i know him, i miss him. like i always knew him, or something.

TS

• Gill
    Gill

startingover - Whichever way you want to see it, the OT being 'true' or just mythology, Satan did nothing 'bad' except for the dare from Jehovah to do anything bad he wanted to, to Job.

• Gill
    Gill

startingover - Yes! I forgot to add, that yes I have been reading 'Jehovah Unmasked'.

I did not come to the 'Christian conclusions' of the author, but it was a great book. He's quite right about the 'bad deeds' of Jehovah. Which is what got me trying to find what the hell Satan had actually DONE that was bad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit