Ugly People Need Not Apply

by prophecor 31 Replies latest social current

• prophecor
    prophecor

Ever watch an ugly person reporting the news? There outta' be a law. I can't pay attention because all I can do is focus on how ugly you are. On the other hand, when they bring out the glamour girls like Rita Cosby and Laurie Dhue, it can be hard to focus because of the sheer knockouts some of these women are. I think Fox News, in the beginning purposed themselves to put some of the hottest women in front of the camera. I couldn't hear a word they were saying. All I could do was just drool!!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Thats because Fox news is really "Faux news"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hi Prof- that is funny! i watch the news and am distracted sometimes by facial habits of people or perhaps they have the most obnoxious hair and mannerisms. I have not really seen any of the men being droolable. they should hire some droolable men.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I find George Stephanopoulos droolable, and he is on the news. Does that make me wierd?

• anewme
    anewme

Funny, one day our T.V just refused to show the fancy station anymore and the only one that came in with the rabbit ears was a little local Pacific station. Real hicksville compared to NBC. But ya know?
    Those down to earth normal looking news folks have really grown on me! And now my husband and I enjoy them so much more than we ever did the high pressure must be perfect looking crowd.
    They are so relaxed and confident and speak their own minds (not what the affiliate approves only)

Im so glad my t.v. went on the fritz and I am now watching not ugly, but average looking people sharing the news with me. Some of the guys are balding and the 50 something lady rarely smiles, the sports guy adds his own remarks and the weather guy is humble AND ACCURATE! Refreshing and remarkable group!!!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Prophecor, thats why I'm not a news anchor.

• kls
    kls

I notice that alot of news anchors don't have necks . I always wonder what happen to make their heads fall down on to their shoulders.

Ugly people need love too

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Whatever the term "ugly" means to you, Proph............must say I was quite taken aback by you posting this.........but, anyways, in the spirit in which it was brought to life.............i.e. unusual physical beauty of the features.........we have the most gorgeous black woman on Channel 4 as a news anchor here in the land of steady habits.......the Nutmeg State.........her name is Keisha Grant, and the lady is, in my opinion stunningly beautiful, physically as well as personality wise.........don't know if the site copyright will allow repro of her biographical info, but here goes:

Keisha Grant

NBC 30 Anchor

Before coming to Connecticut, Keisha worked as an anchor and reporter for WSYX-WTTE in Columbus, Ohio, a general assignment reporter for KMIR in Palm Springs, Calif., and as an anchor and reporter in West Covina, Calif.

Keisha is the recipient of a 2002 Regional Emmy, as well as numerous other awards, including honors from the Society of Professional Journalists.

She received a bachelor of arts degree in television broadcasting from the University of LaVerne in California.

When Keisha is not working, she spends her time hiking, traveling, volunteering, and enjoying everything that nature has to offer! Keisha credits her mother's strength and her father's West Indian culture to her strong values and hard work ethic, all of which she's proud to bring to Connecticut, her new home.

• ballistic
    ballistic

We don't have Fox news over here but there is a channel where they read the news naked, apparently. I saw it on Eurotrash.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me something-something I can use
    People love it when you lose,
    They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
    I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear
    Come and whisper in my ear
    Give us dirty laundry

Kick ’em when they’re up
    Kick ’em when they’re down