'I could easily kill someone' said the P.O.

by lowden 44 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Mary,

Would the average Dub actually murder someone if the GB told them to? (notwithstanding the blood issue).

I wouldn't have. In fact, I resolved – privately – that if an elder or the literature started ordering/counseling us to kill worldlings, that would be my sign that God's Organization™ had gone bad and it was time to leave.

This was around the time of the Jonestown fiasco, I think.

gently feral

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

alt

The Watchtower Cult IS Jonestown without the Kool-Aid!

Will you prove your loyality to "father"?

alt

alt

alt

alt

alt

alt

alt

DOOMSDAY CULTS-MUST SEE 50 MINS

Doomsday Cults (Discovery Channel)

modem (low bandwidth) version

DSl/Cable (high bandwidth) version

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    When I was a Witness kid, my mother told me if it were legal she would cast the first stone to kill me if I ever quit the Jehovah's Witness group. Thinking about that makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Nice, I bet you slept well with that thought in your head.

I love how the Witnesses claim to be a loving group of people. So loving that if it was legal, they'd kill their own children if they ever left the organization.

All they're missing is the Kool-Aid.

-Becka :)

• garybuss
    garybuss

We had four nights a week of meetings and service and we made them all. I remember complaining to my mother once when I was 10 or 11 and she told me if I didn't want to be a Witness, I'd have to find another place to live. That ended that conversation. I knew she was serious. The last time she talked to me, January 1995, she told me she wished she had put me in a foster home as a child.

Bitter wouldn't have been a strong enough word for how I felt about the Witness people at one time. Not now. I was being facetious Toreador. My experiences with the Witness people has been discouraging to say the least. I wish it could have been different, but it can't, so I've accepted it all.

I do have clear boundaries and I approach the topic of the Witness movement with education, experience, and confidence. I'm at an okay place.

• toreador
    toreador

Hello Gary

Is there hope for any reconcilation on you and your moms part, or is that past the point of no return? I really hate to see that kind of thing. My wife's mother holds back quite a bit on her end from communication with my wife but still talks once to twice a month or more usually. We are not disfellowshipped but are known to have severely critisized the WTS and then never attend meetings after that. They used to be a fairly close family. I even hate to see that but what can you do. They hope the tough love thing will bring us back.

It sounds like your mom is a very staunch supporter of the WTS. Was she raised as a witness or did she convert?

Tor

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi ToreadorMy mother was raised as a Methodist I believe. She converted to Witnessism when she married my dad. Neither of my parents has contacted me since probably 1993. My last visit to them was in January of 1995 and it ended extremely bad with my mother flying into a violent rage and yelling and slamming doors.

I've tried a couple times since to make contact with them and see if we could have any kind of a connection and I was rejected at the door both times.

I won't try to make any more contacts with them. I'm not collecting rejections. I got the message. They are 85 and 86. This is the way it will end. I wish it could have been different, but it can't, and I've accepted that fact.

I was set up. We all were.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Names people...we need names!

u/d(of the knew lots of CO's class)

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

A C.O. said at a circuit assembly...

"And remember brothers, back in my day, we didn't call them gays, we called them faggots!!"

• KW13
    KW13

HA, i ain't worried about any P.O or any witness thinking they could kill someone. The way i feel i could easily kill a JW! - Wait till armageddon doesn't come and it transpires that THEY must make it a paradise themselves by killing all the apostates. Open your bible near the back. KW13 5:12 where is says... "and if a man must kill a witness, let him do it slowly and make that death painful, this is the word of Jehivah"

• wombat
    wombat

I've suggested this to Danny before.........

Those incredible Armageddon pictures would make fantastic wall posters. Many teenagers go through a "ghoul" stage. If he printed them up I reckon that he would sell heaps.

They are beautifully kitch. Hell, I'd even buy some myself. They would look great on the wall.

(Might have to pay the WTS a royalty though Danny.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit