'I could easily kill someone' said the P.O.

by lowden 44 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Inspired by one of the other threas on todays board i was remindedof what the PO of my 'then' cong' said just befors i left for good.

Can't remember what the subject was but he ended up quite proudly announcing.....'If Jehovah asked me to.....i would have no trouble killing someone, i would find it easy'!! Stunned silence.......this man is now a circuit overseer! The phrase 'crazed extremist' comes to mind.

What was the most unbelievable, outrageous thing that was uttered in your earshot. Shock usand beat the above.

Peace

Lowden

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Can't remember what the subject was but he ended up quite proudly announcing.....'If Jehovah asked me to.....i would have no trouble killing someone, i would find it easy'!! Stunned silence.......this man is now a circuit overseer! The phrase 'crazed extremist' comes to mind.

What was the most unbelievable, outrageous thing that was uttered in your earshot. Shock usand beat the above.

On one hand, I'm completely and utterly shocked that someone who professed to be a Christian would say this.

On the other hand, he's a JW, and with them, nothing surprises me anymore.

I've read posts on here about people who were threatened with stoning while being disfellowshipped, except that because of the law, murder is illegal.

I've read WTS quotes that say that JWs would gladly kill apostates if the laws permitted it.

Such a loving crowd.

-Becka :)

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I've read WTS quotes that say that JWs would gladly kill apostates if the laws permitted it.

Becka, can you find these WT quotes? I would love to show them to my wife. I can't believe they would put something like that in writing.

Thanks, The Claw.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Becka, can you find these WT quotes? I would love to show them to my wife. I can't believe they would put something like that in writing.

No problem, Claw, I'll look 'em up and post them shortly.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

The most shocking thing I heard from the podium was when the P.O. (pronounced pee-yew) gave a dF'ing talk and described in scornfully graphic detail the smells, sounds and sights involved in the acts of fornication for which a young pioneer sister was being dF'd, while her partner in crime, a young ministerial serpent was only given public reproof.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Watchtower 1952 11/15 pp. 703-704 Questions From Readers ***

Questions

From Readers

?

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

God’s law does not allow a marriage partner to dismiss his mate because his mate becomes disfellowshiped or apostatizes. Neither will the law of the land in most cases allow a divorce to be granted on such grounds. The faithful believer and the apostate or disfellowshiped mate must legally continue to live together and render proper marriage dues one to the other. A father may not legally dismiss his minor child from his household because of apostasy or disfellowshiping, and a minor child or children may not abandon their father or their mother just because he becomes unfaithful to God and his theocratic organization. The parent must by laws of God and of man fulfill his parental obligations to the child or children as long as they are dependent minors, and the child or children must render filial submission to the parent as long as legally underage or as long as being without parental consent to depart from the home. Of course, if the children are of age, then there can be a departing and breaking of family ties in a physical way, because the spiritual ties have already snapped.

If children are of age and continue to associate with a disfellowshiped parent because of receiving material support from him or her, then they must consider how far their spiritual interests are being endangered by continuing under this unequal arrangement, and whether they can arrange to support themselves, living apart from the fallen-away parent. Their continuing to receive material support should not make them compromise so as to ignore the disfellowshiped state of the parent. If, because of acting according to the disfellowship order of the company of God’s people, they become threatened with a withdrawal of the parental support, then they must be willing to take such consequences.

Satan’s influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God’s organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped.

The marriage partner would render the marriage dues according to the law of the land and in due payment for all material benefits bestowed and accepted. But to have religious communion with the disfellowshiped person—no, there would be none of that! The faithful marriage partner would not discuss religion with the apostate or disfellowshiped and would not accompany that one to his (or her) place of religious association and participate in the meetings with that one. As Jesus said: "If he does not listen even to the congregation [which was obliged to disfellowship him], let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector [to Jehovah’s sanctified nation]." (Matt. 18:17, NW) Hurt to such one would not be authorized, but there would be no spiritual or religious fellowshiping.

The same rule would apply to those who are in the relation of parent and child or of child and parent. What natural obligation falls upon them according to man’s law and God’s law the faithful parent or the faithful child will comply with. But as for rendering more than that and having religious fellowship with such one in violation of the congregation’s disfellowship order—no, none of that for the faithful one! If the faithful suffers in some material or other way for the faithful adherence to theocratic law, then he must accept this as suffering for righteousness’ sake.

The purpose of observing the disfellowship order is to make the disfellowshiped one realize the error of his way and to shame him, if possible, so that he may be recovered, and also to safeguard your own salvation to life in the new world in vindication of God. (2 Thess. 3:14, 15; Titus 2:8) Because of being in close, indissoluble natural family ties and being of the same household under the one roof you may have to eat material food and live physically with that one at home, in which case 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 and 2 John 10 could not apply; but do not defeat the purpose of the congregation’s disfellowship order by eating spiritual or religious food with such one or receiving such one favorably in a religious way and bidding him farewell with a wish for his prosperity in his apostate course.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Here's some:

*** w52 11/15 p. 703 Questions from Readers ***

In

the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped [disassociated], how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. . . Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation.

That one's from http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/101362/1748227/post.ashx#1748227.

And you might want to check out this post, too, there's more information on how to treat apostates (complete with references) there: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/44010/616698/post.ashx#616698

Here's part of that post (emphasis added by me):

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS."

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws."

"The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof." (The Watchtower November 15th 1952 Issue)

Hope this helps, Claw.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thanks elsewhere,

I cant believe that. You know they always quote the Hebrew scriptures for whatever when it is in their best interest. I think they should look at the stoning video. Bastards.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thanks Becka you truly are Super.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry Super Becka.. I think I slipped mine in just before you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit