I am hurt, my wife had a miscarriage and still my family didn't contact me

by jwfacts 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Just woke up 'down under', got on the computer and was happily surprised to see so many loving comments.
    Thank you all for your support.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks Mary, I was wondering if children worry having older parents. My parents were 20 when they had me. Did your father mind having an mother that was older, was it ever a problem to him.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Many many smpathetic (()) for you and especially your poor wife, who will be devastated for months.

What angers me is that if any of your Dub relatives had a similar tragedy, and you didn't contact them, it would be:

"Well, what do you expect from bird food?"

HB

• Mary
    Mary
    Did your father mind having an mother that was older, was it ever a problem to him.

Nope, not at all........lots of women have babies in their 40s now, so don't worry about that too much.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((jwfacts and wife)))))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. Too many losses in such a short time, I wish you both a brighter future with lots of happy children. You'll have a second chance at making a good life and setting a loving example of what family is all about.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What is most hypocritical is that my cousin had a baby that spent about three months in hospital last year and I was there every second night. Now that all counts for nothing. He is growing every day and I will miss seeing any of that. I fear for the suffering their child will go through when he is a teenager in 15 years this religion will be so irrelevant but he will be so brainwashed by a very over the top family that he will not know who he is.

• wednesday
    wednesday

My heartfelt sympathyto you and your wife.

I know this is a terrible blow, are you perhaps considering trying again? Sometimes the first child is miscarried regardless of the age of the mother. It would be worth another try, b/c it may not be r/t her age at all. God Bless

My hubby's family won't even put their grandkids pics on the wall, the DF'd ones that is, well, they have made a exception or two, shows you how clear the instruction is(not)

weds

• loosie
    loosie

I am sorry to hear baout you and your wife jwfacts.

((hugs))

• yesidid
    yesidid

((((((Dear Paul and wife)))))))

First I want to say how sad I am for you. I am so sorry you lost your baby. I am also very upset for you that

you have to deal with family shunning at the same time.

You asked:

if children worry having older parents. My parents were 20 when they had me. Did your father mind

having an mother that was older, was it ever a problem to him.

I will tell you my experience. My mother was 43 when I was born. I NEVER thought of my mother as old. Even though

she was not only 43years older than I, she was continually sick as well. I am not sure why I NEVER, not even once, thought of

her as old, but what I do know is that my mother made it very, very obvious to me that she thought I was one of the

most wonderful things ever to happen to her.

No one ever felt more loved than my mother made me feel. If the truth were known I was probably spoiled.

However I would NEVER EVER EVER have wanted to swap my mother for a younger edition. I loved her so much,

it simply never entered my mind.

She was such a loving mother and she made me feel so special, how could there have been a problem?

yesidid

• Spectre
    Spectre

Sorry to here that.

When I was df'ed I knew the rules, I was a single guy so I had very minimal contact with my family. But if anything had happened on that scale, even though I wouldn't have expected it, my mom probably would have been there or at least said something. I look back on so many things now though and am stunned at the level of in which this religion strips away basic human emotion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit