I am hurt, my wife had a miscarriage and still my family didn't contact me

by jwfacts 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am so sorry for the loss you and your wife have just experienced. A lot of people seem to think that me father does not grieve a child that was not yet born. But miscarriage is a loss for both the mother and father. That child held all your hopes and dreams for a future as a family of three and now those dreams are gone..

We know that due to WTS teachings the advancment of social interactions is behind the rest of the world. Remeber much of the thinking of the GB is that of men born the first half of the 1900s and they have been insulated from the real world for decades. This is why JWs are rather backwards and is one reason why there is such a thirst for knowledge when people leave. They feel like they need to play catch-up. So your family might be thinking somewhere along these lines. That the father does not grieve.

You said:

or is this barbaric religion so powerful that it can change a persons personality that much?
    Yes the WTS can and does have this kind of control over its members
  • freedomlover
    freedomlover

so sorry for your great loss jwfacts. I hope you can give yourselves some time to grieve. I'm sorry that your family can't even be human enough to do the humane thing in this situation.

much love to your family - freedomlover

• blondie
    blondie

JWfacts, sorry about your wife's and your loss. I remember how I felt when my doctor told me I could never have children. I'm glad they did call your wife though. Some JW family would not have even done that.

(((hugs)) Blondie and Irreverent

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((( jwfacts and wife )))))))))))

So sorry for your loss.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Sorry to hear about your loss

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Incredibly sorry to hear about the miscarriage. That is so difficult. It is possible that your family doesn't realize how much you're hurting. That being said you know your family better then me. I'm sorry that they're treating you like this.

It's a funny thing, we know when we get df'ed or when we da that we shouldn't expect to hear from these people, but it is truly amazing that even in our darkest hours they can withhold love, affection and condolences.

The best I can offer is my friendship and my own condolences right now, as does everyone else.

Sorry 'bout this all facts.

meagan

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

So sorry to hear about your loss.

I hope your wife is recovering and that the family situation eases soon for you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear about the loss you had, carry on undermining the WTS through your website because they deserve it.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

((((((((jwfacts and wife))))))))

My heart goes out to you, jwfacts, it's unbelievable that your family, your own flesh and blood, wouldn't contact you when something like this happens, all because a bunch of old men in Brooklyn says not to. This time is hard enough for you, you shouldn't have to deal with your family's ignorance and hurtful behaviour, too.

It makes me so angry that a group of people can have so much control over their followers as to tear families apart. If I didn't know better, I'd day that this sort of thing couldn't happen because nobody would cut their family members out of their lives just because someone said so.

I know that this board is no replacement for your family, but I hope you can find some comfort here and know that we're here for you when you need us. If you need anything, you know where to come.

My condolences to you and your wife, and I hope your family can see the error of their ways and accept you back into their lives.

-Becka :)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

So sorry to hear about this. Totalitarian ideologies like JWism and Christian fundyism suck the humanity right out of people.

And no wonder, with stupid stuff like this:

34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

Sorry Jebus, but my family will always come first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit