Do you have a good job, a crappy job or are you self-employed (happily?)

by seesthesky 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

hi - just curious about how you all are making it - you working some shitty job? - a pretty nice job? - a damn rocking job? - self-employed (happily)?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My company called me Monday night to say they were closing our store the next day. That is all the warning we got. I went in to boarded up windows, to help them pack and move. They treat you well if the business in your store is good. If it's not good, they treat you like a child. It's been hard to work there, but there have been good things about it, too.

I can interview at my old store on Monday for a transfer, but I am not sure I want to work for them any longer. They sent me to the other store in town when I came back from working in their Rhode Island store. This company wins awards from the public, but they sure aren't on the list of the top 100 companies to work for.

• Calliope
    Calliope

from a career oriented perspective, i have an awesome job with lots of opportunities for advancement.

i get paid more than i would think worthy, but it's because i work in a very competitive industry.

somedays, i'm happy because it's a means to an end.

other days, i dont understand how i ended up there... day after day, sitting at a desk, sitting in meetings...

i feel like i should be working at starbucks, listening to good music and drinking 4 L of coffee/day.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oh FHN that’s crappy! I can’t believe your going through that. I know how horrible it is. I remember working at a store once, I’d been there for 4 years and worked my way up to area manager. Well one day I get this phone call from Head Office to say that unfortunately they are closing the store. I was devastated. I asked when they were planning to do it and they said in five minutes. They had travelled for eight hours to the stores and waited till they were in the carpark to ring us. Bastards. It took 2 years for me to get the wages they owed me off them.

But I like my job now. Especially when they let me drink… hurrah! The job itself can be a little hectic but I work with a great team and it makes such a difference.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

really great enjoyable job though I do not travel as much as I used to

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm posting here at 5.30am before I go to work - what does that tell you?

• blondie
    blondie

nic, I think it means you have your priorities straight.

Blondie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But I like my job now. Especially when they let me drink… hurrah!

Miss Peaches, can I come work for you??

• peggy
    peggy

I am a licensed massage therapist, LMP. I enjoy my work and the healing aspects of it. Self employed, working the hours I wish.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

But I like my job now. Especially when they let me drink… hurrah

Bloody John Howard! In the old days we could eat as well as drink! Smoko is sacred damn it!

UP THE WORKERS!

Self employed unc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit