• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    *** Scratches kitties back just in front of the tail ***

**arches back and rubs against elses leg**

luv, jojo

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

:: lol....i thought you were talking to me elsewhere

I thought this was going to be about JoJo too. And I thought to myself, "darnit what did I miss?"

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Lilycurly said:

The vet told me once that when that happens, we shouldn't just pull it out because there are good chances that the string gets caught in there, resulting in serious internal injuries. So we should just be extra careful to not let anything "stringy" lie around. I'll need to hide my dental floss!!

That is so right a friend of mine just had her cat at the Vets for an operation to remove some ribbon it swallowed to the tune of $4,000 because it got wrapped around it's intestines. By pulling on the string you could tear something inside and cause internal bleeding and death to your cat. It is very important to keep things that can hurt them out of their reach.

For animals who like to take things out of the trash how about a trash can with a lid on it or put the trash in a cupboard like under the sink so it can't get into it. It just may save your pets life and your pocket book some unnecessary expenses.

*shutters at the thought of stringy poop being dragged around*

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't have cats but you can see how you can end up with something very unpleasant when you have pets. My dog once had diarrhea, fortunately he was in the bathroom which has no carpet and was fairly easy to clean and disinfect. You can imagine what it would be like if it had gone on a carpet or on the sofa.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Elsewhere, put my mind at ease....you wore some form of gloves right????

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Vets for an operation to remove some ribbon it swallowed to the tune of $4,000 because it got wrapped around it's intestines. By pulling on the string you could tear something inside and cause internal bleeding and death to your cat.

I think I got lucky... I did not have to pull hard on the dental floss. It came right out with almost no force.

:: lol....i thought you were talking to me elsewhere ;

I thought this was going to be about JoJo too. And I thought to myself, "darnit what did I miss?"

lol... if this thread was about JoJo it would have been titled: "Naughty Kitty! Naughty! Naughty! Naughty! Kitty! "

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What's up with that?

So are you going to wrap the dental floss back up again? I mean the cat didn't use it . . . .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What's up with that?

So are you going to wrap the dental floss back up again? I mean the cat didn't use it . . . .

As it was so eloquently put in another post: "There's more than one way to floss a cat".

Trust me... the dental floss is *thoroughly* used.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Scully... my cat's vet once had to "express" the gland to solve the irritation problem. Basically she used her thumbs to apply pressure to each side of the gland and... squirt!

Oh, and no, you don't want to be around when it happens.

No, you really really don't.

Think of John Belushi in "Animal House". "See if you can guess what I am now."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit