Do you rather confront the elders or not answer the door?

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I'm the type that rathers not answer the door, when an elder will come over, to try to bring me back on the road of eternal life.

How about you, do you rather answer the door to them, or just avoid opening the door, when you know it's them?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm still waiting for the 'knock' but I can honestly say I'm looking forward to it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would not answer the door and peek out the window.

• slugga
    slugga

I'm the last person on this planet the Elders would want back down the hall, they simply wouldn't call. So if you are talking about publishers, I wouldn't open the door, I know what its like to get a mouthful of abuse or just a door slammed in my face and I swear I'd never do that to anybody else. Unfortunately I don't think I don't think I could hold back after coming to this site so I'd rather not open the door.

• nicolaou
  • onesong
    onesong

I didn't answer until I was ready--when I did, I welcomed them and was very gracious in explaining myself.

Oh, and when I didn't was when I had the CO and DO at the door.

• unique1
    unique1

I answered the other week. It was a huge waste of time. The only reason I answered is because the dude's daughter and wife had just stopped by and I thought when I told him that he would leave. WRONG. I will not answer anymore. I get too worked up and stressed out when they come. I am a bit high strung and I am afraid they are going to give me an ulcer if I don't have one from all this already.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I would gladly answer the door because I have a few questions for them that they never answered when I escaped left the Watchtower Society.

Do you know of any way I can get them to actually pull into my driveway, walk up on the front deck and knock on the door?

All they have done in the past 15 months is to bring publishers who have moved into the congregation by the house and tell them that an apostate lives here as they turn around in the 'what used to be a cul-de-sac."

Please help. I want a couple of elders to come by and encourage me to return to their loving organization.

• blondie
    blondie

If I did talk to the elders, I would not "confront" them. I believe in the NPBS doctrine, No Pearls Before Swine.

In order to see who is at the door they have to see us checking. I'd love to look out the sidelight, see them there and just leave go back to what I was doing. Being in the yard...I can politely say no, it is not convenient for me right now; perhaps they could be polite and call next time.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

The past few times JWs have come to my door I've ignored them. There's no law that says I have to answer the door and I didn't invite these people over, so screw 'em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit