Do you rather confront the elders or not answer the door?

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

In fifteen years, I've not had one visit from any JW out in service. Hell, I've seen more (secular) magazine sellers, girl scouts, and Mormons at my door than I have JWs.

While I wouldn't necessarily "hide" if a couple of JWs came knocking, I just wouldn't see the benefit in talking to them. I think sometimes that should a nice brother and sister team show up at my door, I'd like to invite them in and tell them a little story. But more than likely they would not believe me anyway.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd rather talk to an elder than go to a movie. They won't come over any more. The last one to contact us was a elder named Thurman. He called me and then he hung up on me. My family was here and they heard it on speaker phone. They thought it was hilarious.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

I can't wait to. And couldn't really give a shit how they feel afterward.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

We gladly answered the door the one and only time an elder appeared - on the day of the memorial to invite us two years ago.

Guess our ability to reason scared 'em off as there's been no contact since.

Who knows ? - maybe the guy's left the org himself by now due to our 'witness'.

Didn't so many while in the org, repress their true self long enough? Be courageous, firm, and bold - answer those doors! Share your new truth.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    If I did talk to the elders, I would not "confront" them. I believe in the NPBS doctrine, No Pearls Before Swine.

I'm with blondie on this one. The one thing elders HATE is when you deem them insignificant so this is the best revenge, if that's what you're looking for.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't mind talking to them but it is certain that it will be in vain. The JWs are too mind conditioned to listen.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

When I'm home alone, I usually don't answer the door, unless I know someone is coming over. If I'm in the kitchen I can usually see who is at the door without them seeing me. Last time an elder came to the door, I was cleaning the widows and he saw me so I couldn't hide. Turns out the CO was coming for a visit so I guess it was just so he could say he visited us. Didn't tell me the name of the CO, or the exact date he was coming or the meeting schedule.

BB

• damselfly
    damselfly

I've been waiting for years to be called on! They got loads of explaining to do.

Dams ( waiting since '99 )

• still angry
    still angry

All you get from them is the same spoon fed asnwers you yourselves gave others at one time, so why bother? They aren't "enlightened" in any way. They don't have answers, because there just aren't any logical ones.

I found that when I confronted the elders it was because I was angry that I believed in the BS at one point and how could I have been so blind. I wanted them to give me some obvious reason why I ever accepted it in the first place, but talking to them just made me more and more frustrated and angry. The final time I spoke with an elder, I was asking numerous questions, and he was basically pooh-poohing them because I was just a child, what did I know? (I was raised as a JW and this conversation happened when I was about 15.) I remember being so ticked off that I was like, man, if you are threatened by questions from a kid, how the hell do you jam this crap down adults throats? Of course, there was no answer to that and meeting adjourned. I was a hopeless case, doomed as far as they were concerned.

Now that I am an adult and married and moved away from where I grew up, I still answer the door when the JW's come. It's a totally surreal feeling, almost like an out of body experience. I listen to the schpeel with a mind of trying to understand how people get caught up in this. The only time I didn't answer the door was when it was a witness with a small child; it was just too painful.

However, I do enjoy blowing their mind by telling them that I am not a Christian, and that their God believes in death and destruction while the true Gods hold all life sacred. I always tell them that they do not deserve to live their life in fear of an undeserving God that was set up by heretics including the apostle Paul in order to have control over fellow man, and that there is a healthier spiritual life waiting for all of them if they have the courage to embrace it.

That always sends them running! Ha! :-)

• Scully
    Scully

It's much more fun to see them through the window (knowing that they can't see me through the sheer curtain), and ignoring them knocking or ringing the doorbell, while making enough noise to let them know perfectly well that I am home.

I don't answer the door to strangers. And all the elders I know are stranger than anyone else I've ever met.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit