Who Wants to Write a #4 talk?

by RichieRich 59 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Another UN quote:

"Only if nudity, violence, and strong language can make a profit for some corporation, will our so-called freedom prevail. Who will be the technological lord that will make the decision for what is nudity and what is art? What is violence and offensive, and what is culture?"

Source:

The New Panopticon: The Internet Viewed as a Structure of Social Control

By Tom Brignall III

http://theoryandscience.icaap.org/

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Brilliant line.

So what does this have to do with Computer or Video Games?

“SPINE-RIPPING, flesh-clawing, head-exploding fun”! ...

That will make a few people sit up.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

“SPINE-RIPPING, flesh-clawing, head-exploding fun”! ...

I can't claim credit for it though

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

*** g96 8/22 p. 12 Should I Play Computer or Video Games? ***"SPINE-RIPPING, flesh-clawing, head-exploding fun"! This was the way one magazine writer enthusiastically described the latest version of a popular computer game. Actually, this is just one of a new generation of computer and video games that allow players to act out thrilling fantasies. Previous releases seem rather tame in comparison with these bloody, often sadistically violent games.

So it is from AWAKE but of course they do not give the full source

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Then giggle maniacally, moon the audience (that should count as a gesture, if you're working on that point), and dance out of the room.

OMG Nina. That had me laughing. Thanks for the visual...!!

-Denise.

• Scully
    Scully

Why Violent Video Games are Not for True Christians™

The world today is a violent place. We hear of wars and reports of wars. Why, our own country, is engaged in a war in the Middle East. There are gangs that are a growing menace in our cities and towns, spreading violence like a plague among peace-loving people.

The Bible tells us that we can look forward to a time when war will be no more. A time when swords will be turned into plowshares. A time when sorrow and pain will be a thing of the past. However, these things will not be for lovers of violence, they will be given to the meek of the earth, the lovers of peace.

The Bible describes Jesus as the Prince of Peace, in his role as ruler of God's Kingdom. In order for that Kingdom to see its full splendor, the world's violence must be removed. How will this happen?

I've prepared a lovely slideshow of how Jehovah, in his Loving Kindness™, plans to rid the earth of those who are ruining it with violence. Anyone who can guess which publications these illustrations are from gets a cookie.

We can see that even John Lithgow and Will Smith are going to be destroyed for contributing to the world's violence.

While not using weapons of mass destruction, like Saddam Hussein would, Jehovah uses the forces of nature to eliminate violence from the earth.

Even the governments will be held accountable for the violence they support in the use of war against other nations.

Armageddon paves the way for peace, by eliminating violence from the earth.

Jehovah's righteous government through Jesus will rid the earth of violence and corruption.

The inability of people to maintain peace in the world and resort to violence, will result in their ultimate destruction at God's hands.

These are all the bad violent things that God's government will eliminate.

Aren't we just SOOOOO glad that Jehovah hates violence so much?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Scully - great post - so Richie - let us know how it goes and what material you use

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

stilla, thank you so much. I'll be giving your talk, but I've rearranged it abit, and I've incorporated JoelBear's comment.

Should be good.

Thanks

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wonder how Richies talk is coming along.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bttt - because I want to know how it went - did you get a good or work -- oh sorry they do not use that system anymore -well not quite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit