Do you still see Doom and Gloom all around you like JW's do?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Jehovahs Witnesses are generally encouraged to be negative to a certain degree; most JWs will disagree and say that they are positive people but inside they arent; they largely view the world they live in through negative eyes regardless of the good that goes on around them.

They are even taught to look at positive issues and replace it with negative thoughts, like even where good things happen in the world its still wont be right until J steps in!

Is it any wonder there are many witnesses suffering from depression?

DB74

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't live in fear of the end anymore. There are obviously a lot of bad things happening, but I no longer see this as a "sign of the end". I am just enjoying my freedom, and taking each day as it comes.

• onesong
    onesong

It's the glass half full/empty thing--perspective. As a dub it was half empty , now at least half full and filling more every day.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Truthfully I can see the spirit of '69 coming back again...I see some really good hearted people immerging...Seems like the good spirit is getting stronger...I see a positive change coming...I think God is behind it...another words:

I can see light @ the end of the cave.......

• prophecor
  • misspeaches
    misspeaches

I don't go looking for gloomy news. Bad, sad, dark, doomy & gloomy all make me feel terrible for the people on the sorry end of the stick. And should it happen that I do stumble upon something of that nature I don't think that it is a sign of Armaggeddon or the last days or anything like that.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do you still see Doom and Gloom all around you like JW's do?

Not once since I escaped from a doomsday cult of unspeakable horrors.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I'm just wondering if other x witnesses here still are doom and gloom people, thinking that we are on the edge of some world catastrophy?

Goodness no! If anything I tend to be frightfully optimistic.

Dams

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Sometimes it is hard not to be doom and gloom. There are so many sources that try to scare you. Just an example: Just recently I bought a book from B&N "Universe In Your Pocket" by Joel Levy. Anyway it has a full three pages on doomsday scenarios and the likelihood of those events occuring. It is rather frightening. The one with the highest risk assessement is Ecological Meltdown "Many parts of the world face an imminent water crisis, with dwindling resources constantly being stretched farther and farther. Water wars may well break out in the future. This water crisis is exacerbating the terrible problems of soil loss and desertification, which are worsened by the increasin salination of many soils around the world. However, all this could just be the tip of the iceberg - as the developing world tries to increase consumption and quality of life to developed-world levels, the Earth faces drastically worsening problems of pollution, habitat destruction, overfishing, population pressure, ans so forth. Research shows that the global ecosystem can probably absorb a lot of damage without changing drastically, but above a certain threshold, it will inevitably - and suddenly - collapse. Result? Drought, famine, disease, disaster. Risk assessment: 7/10"

There are constant reports from sources that say that by the year 20?? we will have a complete meltdown.

Anyway, I guess I am still doom and gloom hopefully I am just a cynic and none of these things will occur.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Not since I find out the truth about the "Truth" and religion in general. LIFE IS BEAUTIFULL and I am happier than I ever was as a brainwashed witness. I'm not saying that disasters won't affect us at all, we all have to deal with that if and when those things happen. But I no longer go through life seeing events around the world as a sign that "the end" is escalating, because I no longer believe in Armaggedon.

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit